+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 3x03 Further Instructions

Maybe whether or not Locke is a hunter or a farmer, is what he believes about himself. The power of self-confidence. And I tend to agree with the idea, mentioned earlier here, that it doesn't matter that Eko dies later, Locke needed to make up for what he did (redemption etc.).

It's sad that Locke's betrayed so often. This on-going quest for family and belonging. If he hadn't gone back to Cooper, maybe he'd still have Helen. If he didn't trust/take a chance on Eddie, he'd still have the cult. But how could he not take a chance on Eddie. As a stranded orphan himself, you know he'd want to help. It seems Locke's critical error is trust. and wanting to believe he's special. Is it pathetic or gullible of him to keep getting conned or a sign of character that he hasn't become cold, trusting no one...?

but if Locke had let Eko push the button, then no psychic Desmond etc. etc. again, is it all predetermined? Or two forces at work course correcting each other? or only fate if you believe in fate?

Runway?

Wait a minute. They can't be building the runway because this is 2004 Island. And Lapidus lands back in time right? no, I guess he's 2007...so...nevermind. I just didn't know that was a runway they were building.

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    also, i noticed on the gun registration that lockes name is johnathan...weird...
    This is probably a very, very minor production/continuity error, but on that registration, Locke's birth date is listed as Nov. 15, 1946. When Locke met Richard in 1954, he tells him that his date of birth is May 30, 1956.

Also, I liked how they mirrored the sudden pouring rain starts/stoppages on the Island just prior to Locke getting pulled over by the police.

Quote Originally Posted by sdorian View Post
    Runway?

Wait a minute. They can't be building the runway because this is 2004 Island. And Lapidus lands back in time right? no, I guess he's 2007...so...nevermind. I just didn't know that was a runway they were building.
    Juliet tells Sawyer it was a runway in "Through The Looking Glass."

SAWYER: So, when you pulled us out of those polar bear cages and put us on the chain gang, what the hell you have us breaking all those rocks for anyway?
    JULIET: We were building a runway.
    SAWYER: Runway, for what?
    JULIET: [Turns to him] The aliens.
    [She smirks]
    JULIET: I don't know what for, do you think they told me everything?

thanks, I forgot. weird...guess they/the island wanted 815 to crash, but not Ajira.

The inclusion of Nikki and Paulo into this season is so unbearable and forced.

Big ups to Eko for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Krams706 View Post
    The inclusion of Nikki and Paulo into this season is so unbearable and forced.
    I agree. Honestly, I didn't really like this episode.
    I get that the flashbacks are a way of showing us how vulnerable John Locke is to people who tell him that he's special, which will be important for the season 5 finale. But it seems to me that that's all there is to this episode.
    The on-island storyline is pretty much not existing. They needed Locke to be doing something so they could put his flashbacks in the episode so they made up a quick story about Eko being taken by a polarbear. Right....
    We've had those sort of storylines before (sawyer looking for the treefrog) but at least in these episodes something else that was interesting was happening on the island (the appearance of Henry Gale). In this episode there was nothing to counter it except for the flashbacks.
    And then that final scene....
    Locke and Charlie show up with a possibly mortally wounded Mr Eko (after all, a polar bear had been feasting on him for nearly a day) and nobody really seems to care; instead two absolute strangers show up all of a sudden and start arguing about what Hurley did or didn't tell them; in between all this we also have to think about whether or not Desmond is suddenly clairvoyant, and all this in about 1 minute!
    Really unnatural dialog, just horrible scene. I cannot believe Carlton Cuse was involved in writing it.
    Thank goodness we have some really great episodes still in front of us, can't wait for the sizzling-sex-in-the-bear-cage scene!
    Who needs money when you've got good looks?

This is from Locke's vision in the sweat lodge. He sees Kate and Sawyer as a couple, and OMG Kate is priceless. Kinda wish she got with Sawyer so we could see more of this badass look they try to give her.

Go to 2:21 in the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu6E0H5I41U

Default free classifieds

hello everyone............................

this is harry.it is my site which is gives you more space at no cost for ads.I hope you like it.

please drop suggestion.

thanks.

+ Reply to Thread