+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3x03 Further Instructions

Default 3x03 Further Instructions

Lost Rewatch Episode Discussion for "Further Instructions"

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Further_Instructions

alright, so i think this episode started off really strong.
    we see locke, and we see desmond running naked through the jungle...
    locke has that drug/sweat lodge induced vision, which is totally effed up, but i love it.

the flashbacks break my heart, because i hate to see how pathetic locke was before he came to the island. he was a member of a cult, or a commune or whatever that was...even if it was a drug operation, locke was still in it for the cult like religious family idea.

also, i noticed on the gun registration that lockes name is johnathan...weird....

anyways, the rest of the episode isnt great...we get a hint that something is up with desmond, and hurley gives the camp the news.
    and of course...we see the couple we all love to hate. so actually i ended this episode pretty mad....

NIKKI: We need Jack.

LOCKE: [to Charlie, indicating a shelter] Take him in.

HURLEY: Jack's not coming back. They've got him.

CLAIRE: What? What are you talking about, Hurley?

NIKKI: Jack's gone? I don't understand. Okay, when were planning on telling us this, Hurley?

haha!! shut up nikki! you appeared out of nowhere, stop trying to be cool. thinking about her is making me even more furious. i cant wait for expose

We see Palo for the first time. oh yay. I'm not sure about the John flashbacks in this episode. I just don't see the point, it seems kind of thrown in there. And I totally forgot about Mr. Eko being in the polar bear cave...a little far fetched but awesome!

I liked Locke's flashbacks in this one. After being such a pill in the Season 2 finale, I started to like him again.

Yeah not the best Locke episode. That airport vision is totally messed up but it's awesome! I like the foreshadowing of Charlie's death ("They'll be fine...for a while) and Desmond being followed around by those flight attendants is hilarious. I like the flashbacks but damn, poor guy's whole life is just one con after another.

I was also annoyed at how bitchy Nikki was to Hurley... Like ok Nikki, first of all Hurley JUST got back, second why would he come tell YOU anything. Ugh worst characters ever.

Did anyone else notice how when Locke was leaving his sweat-lodge, there was a really short image of a really weird, snarling polar bear? creepy........

Another episode with a vision... do these come from Jacob, Mr. X, or "the island" as Locke thinks it does? Is there an actual sentient force of the island itself that isn't Jacob/X? Ben acts like there is, but it may be that he's playing into John's beliefs rather than letting him know the truth (though it seems unlikely that even Ben knows the truth based on the new revelation that he's never met Jacob).

It's also unclear to me why "the island" would have Locke rescue Eko, only to have the smoke monster kill him soon after. Locke already had the Jesus stick with the instructions to go north...

I hadn't noticed the "bring the family back together" line before, though, which is interesting. The Losties are all scattered and Locke is going to help get some of them back-- it's too bad that Locke never came to recognize this group as his family before he died. 'Course, it wasn't any improvement over his real family or his hippie cult family, considering, for example, that Jack tries to shoot him in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chameleon View Post
    Another episode with a vision... do these come from Jacob, Mr. X, or "the island" as Locke thinks it does? Is there an actual sentient force of the island itself that isn't Jacob/X? Ben acts like there is, but it may be that he's playing into John's beliefs rather than letting him know the truth (though it seems unlikely that even Ben knows the truth based on the new revelation that he's never met Jacob).

It's also unclear to me why "the island" would have Locke rescue Eko, only to have the smoke monster kill him soon after. Locke already had the Jesus stick with the instructions to go north...

I hadn't noticed the "bring the family back together" line before, though, which is interesting. The Losties are all scattered and Locke is going to help get some of them back-- it's too bad that Locke never came to recognize this group as his family before he died. 'Course, it wasn't any improvement over his real family or his hippie cult family, considering, for example, that Jack tries to shoot him in the head.
    Locke had to make up for losing his faith. His journey into the cave was his redemption. It didn't matter that Eko died a few episodes later.
    I don't know, people see a midget, they wanna buy a blender.

One of my favorite lines...

CHARLIE: What's that? You're not taking drugs are you, John? I only ask because of the strict zero tolerance policy you've enacted, and I wouldn't want you to have to start punching yourself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke-in-a-Box View Post
    One of my favorite lines...

CHARLIE: What's that? You're not taking drugs are you, John? I only ask because of the strict zero tolerance policy you've enacted, and I wouldn't want you to have to start punching yourself in the face.
    ^^Yes!

+ Reply to Thread