+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 3x05 cost of living

Default 3x05 cost of living

hi lost fan´s.

i am from germany so sorry for my bad english.

Ontopic:

i thougt that it was a great episode seen out from our season 5 knowlege.

what do the the scene with eko "yemi" and smoky tell us about jacob and his nemesis?

are nemesis and somkey on person?

if not is "yemi" somkey or the nemisis?

i think that even if smokey and nemisis are not the same person this episode and the one from season 5 were somkey as alex tells ben to follow floke shows that they at least work together.

Yeah it definitely mirrors Dead is Dead. I think Smokey was the one impersonating Yemi, though, not Jacob. I think Eko's speech about his life is so powerful and beautiful. Especially when you know what's coming up. I still couldn't help feeling that "ugh, what a waste of a character" feeling when Smokey gets him.

His last words... "Youre next" eh? Interesting... I like how Locke interpreted this as WE'RE next, when now it's clear Eko was talking about Locke himself.

Quote Originally Posted by MM0602 View Post

His last words... "Youre next" eh? Interesting... I like how Locke interpreted this as WE'RE next, when now it's clear Eko was talking about Locke himself.

i agree.

but what tells us the episode about the qustion if somkey is the same as floke?

I think Smokey was the one impersonating Yemi, though, not Jacob.
    not jacob but maby black guy/nemesis

I dunno... I personally think Smokey and Mr X are two separate things, but we haven't been told enough to say for sure if they're the same or not. But I hope not

I should say, the only thing that was awful about this episode was Nikki and Paulo tagging along. As if Nikki outsmarted Locke AND Sayid by paying attention to Pierre Chang's grammar.

nikki and paulo are awful anyway. no doubt.
    Last edited by montand; 09-04-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Really? I always thought the "you're next" was directed to Nikki and Paolo (or at least Nikki, since she's the next Lostie on Smokey's menu)

no.
    nikki and paulo get killd by spiders (or hurley and sawyar if you wont) not by smokey.

When this first aired, a lot of people assumed that Yemi was the smoke monster, but I thought it was actually Yemi's ghost disowning Eko. Now, I still think that Yemi was not the smoke monster, but rather Jacob's enemy, as I think the two are distinct entities.

Maybe it's because of the way it acts, maybe it's due to comparisons with similar sort of creatures in fiction I've read, or maybe it's due to the references to Cerberus on the blast door map, but I've always thought of the monster as having more a more bestial sort of intelligence, and not able to pose as human. Remember the relif in the temple wall basement in "Dead is Dead"? It seemed to depict the smoke monster working with Anubis. I think that Jacob's Enemy is Anubis, at least metaphorically.

Quote Originally Posted by mattepntr View Post
    Really? I always thought the "you're next" was directed to Nikki and Paolo (or at least Nikki, since she's the next Lostie on Smokey's menu)
    Well yeah, but Eko was talking into Locke's ear, so...

+ Reply to Thread