+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 3x08 Flashes Before Your Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by karategrrl View Post
    This is kinda petty, but Des said he was going to marry Penny and live happily ever after (paraphrasing) And Eloise said that wasn't going to happen...Does that mean Penny and Des get seperated again? They're pretty together in S5.
    No, it means Hawking didn't know what was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by karategrrl View Post
    This is kinda petty, but Des said he was going to marry Penny and live happily ever after (paraphrasing) And Eloise said that wasn't going to happen...Does that mean Penny and Des get seperated again? They're pretty together in S5.
    i think that eloise would only know so far into the future as to the point that season 5 ended. she knows what she knows from faradays journal...and faraday wouldnt have known that penny and des got together again off the island. so when hawking told desmond that him and penny wouldnt be together, she was only trying to set into motion the events that lead him to the island, into the swan, and so on....but not after he left.

i dont know if what i just said even makes any sense....haha sorry if it doesnt.

I think we really need to know more about Eloise Hawking before we can really analyze what she "knows". Personally, I think she might have been wrong about "Course Correction."

What is the song playing from the radio when Dez is standing near the mirror in his house (with Pam)?

Quote Originally Posted by tohdom View Post
    What is the song playing from the radio when Dez is standing near the mirror in his house (with Pam)?
    Pam?

It's Penny. The song playing is "Building a Mystery" by Sarah McLaghlan.

tnx.
    Lol. I think i did that mistake because unconsciously i thought that Dez and Penny have something in common with the fate of Mahone and Pam from Prison Break.

Lightbulb desmond helps himself

This is off the wall, desmond turned the failsafe key and flashed to penny when he fell off the paint ladder. lets just say sh!t happened. He went back in time just like eloise. that is why they both know what is goin on. they know they have been to the island. I am begining to think this is not a flashback but flash forwards, being its three years later. which is why charlie doesnt recognize him playing in the streets. charlie never met des because charlie never came to the island, but des was. When juliet set off the bomb it may have changed flight 815 and they made it to thier destination in LA which is why charlie is still a bum. I am confusing myself.

this is prolly all wrong and claire will turn the donkey wheel and knock it off kilter. absurd.
    Last edited by BenLinusVanPelt; 10-03-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Default reply to previous

I mean when des turned to failsafe he flashed to after juliet detonated the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by BenLinusVanPelt View Post
    I mean when des turned to failsafe he flashed to after juliet detonated the bomb.

We know it's 1995 for two reasons. First, at the end of the episode we see des walk into the royal scots recruiter agency. Later in "The Constant" his 1996 consciousness goes forward to 2004. This past consciousness is in the army at that time.

Second, "Wonderwall" the song Charlie was busking, was released on the album "What's the story, Morning glory?" in 1995. A little hint to what year it is.

Default good point

Yeah i think you are very right. do you think when he got whacked by the one dude in the bar or the fall from the ladder had to do with anything? why is their two pictures of des and penny? do you think des will be back?

+ Reply to Thread