+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3x12 Par Avion

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chameleon View Post

My question is why does it sound like Mikhail brought Jacob to the island if no one has met Jacob?

MIKHAIL: The man who brought me here, who brought all of my people here, he is a magnificent man. …
    You mean Jacob brought Mikhail, yes?

In light of the S5 finale, it seems clear that it was Jacob who was selecting people to bring to the island.

Flawed memory? I also took note of Mikhail admitted he doesn't know Sayid or Kate, but he was about to say that his memory of Locke was flawed because he remembered a Locke who was paralyzed, but he was interrupted by Danielle before he could get the word paralyzed out. That suggests Mikhail saw Locke off island, but where? Likely we'll never get that answered, but it is an intriguing thought.

Big bad John. I'm noticing in these rewatches all those instances in which caring John Locke suddenly turns aggro and does things that don't seem to fit. Here it's shoving Mikhail through the sonic fence. Now with the suggestion that perhaps Locke's got company inside of that hunter wannabe personality of his, his erratic and cruel actions are beginning to make more sense.

A flock of seagulls. Prolly means nothing more, but I kind of like the repeated imagery of the seagulls flying out to sea and of them flying pass the head of Tawaret in the opening scene of the S5 finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Fan 4815162342 View Post

In light of the S5 finale, it seems clear that it was Jacob who was selecting people to bring to the island.
    Yes, sorry I must've posted that in a hurry. While Jacob may have been selecting people, Mikhail's words suggest that he met Jacob, which we know he couldn't have. I suppose you could argue that Ben or Richard brought him on behalf of Jacob, but that's not what it sounds like.

Are we ever going to see some kind of story which might explain why these people slavishly follow the word of Jacob? I still feel like I have no understanding of the Others' motives after all this time.

Flawed memory? I also took note of Mikhail admitted he doesn't know Sayid or Kate, but he was about to say that his memory of Locke was flawed because he remembered a Locke who was paralyzed, but he was interrupted by Danielle before he could get the word paralyzed out. That suggests Mikhail saw Locke off island, but where? Likely we'll never get that answered, but it is an intriguing thought.
    I thought it just suggested that Mikhail had their files, and Locke's file said he was paralyzed/paraplegic. So Mikhail would probably be intrigued that Locke is not only walking but quite healthy.
    name one other person you know that has a functioning chainsaw arm

Quote Originally Posted by MilesSmiles View Post
    I thought it just suggested that Mikhail had their files, and Locke's file said he was paralyzed/paraplegic. So Mikhail would probably be intrigued that Locke is not only walking but quite healthy.
    Thats the way I understood that also

I though this was a really cool episode, and the last flashback scene still makes a bit teary-eyed

A great Charlie and Claire episode that brings us right up to the point of Charlies imminent death. The scene of them together at the end as they release the bird was very nice and shows how far they had come in their short relationship on the island.

The scene of Mikhail talking about how he came to the island really got me thinking again. He lies about the fact that they can't leave the island since we know that Tom left somehow to go and get Michael. The submarine is just an illusion in my opinion and I think there is some special way to come and go from the island that the submarine even can't accomplish by itself.

When Mikhail mentions the "list" again, I wonder what this special ability to understand is...."you would not understand...Because you are not capable of understanding."?? He seems to know something about the island and this man that brought all of the people here (not Ben). I got the impression that Mikhail knows a lot more about the island than we ever realized and that he was not that impressed with Ben as a leader. So who is this man for sure?....Jacob? or someone else?

Also, I know that the sonar fence was suppose to be set at a lower level but they sure did a good job of showing us that Mikhail died violently. Every time I watch this I can't believe this guy was suppose to survive and later jump up and run to find Ben! Either Mikhail has several lives like a cat or he has some sort of inner power that keeps him alive after electrocution. I always think that Sayid is very accurate in his observations and when he said that Mikhail died of cerebral hemorrhage, I tend to believe him.

And after this episode, I knew why I didn't like Christian!! He doesn't believe in hope and has absolutely no faith at all.

I like this Claire episode. By this time, I am way tired of hearing about the baby in every other sentence...so I'm glad this one got away from that screaming child.

The ending was really sweet. And I'm glad Desmond told Claire about his flashes.

I remember the first time I saw this episode, I was shocked by the ending - Jack playing football with The Others, as if he was on a picnic or something. As usual, Kate nearly got them all killed by rushing out of the jungle without thinking...but I did love the look of shock on her face.

Great ending...even if it did creep me out first time 'round.

This is one of my favorite episodes of Season 3. Very poignant and moving, though Claire is angry at Charlie yet again to begin with. I remember the first time, everyone said it was so obvious that Christian was Claire's father... it had already been speculated on for a long time. But it's still just as good knowing the fact. On second viewing, it bugs me a bit that Danielle had never seen the sonic fence or Mikhail's house, and now it seems like the island is pretty small with characters going to and from at quick speeds. A bit of the mystery and awe I had the first time has been lost.

Quote Originally Posted by What'sDoneIsDone View Post
    After my last post in my thread, I actually read the transcript for the podcast that discussed Mikhail's "death", and Damon was actually saying there that the fence wasn't at a lethal setting. But he suffered massive hemorrhaging! There's no way that someone normal could survive that! And later he's shot with a harpoon and then swims around underwater! The island doesn't appear to heal lethal wounds; Mikhail is in actuality Rasputin. That's the only way I can explain it.
    Well, next time you collapse with thick jets of blood spurting from your ear, don't worry. You just need to sleep it off.

Big bad John. I'm noticing in these rewatches all those instances in which caring John Locke suddenly turns aggro and does things that don't seem to fit. Here it's shoving Mikhail through the sonic fence. Now with the suggestion that perhaps Locke's got company inside of that hunter wannabe personality of his, his erratic and cruel actions are beginning to make more sense.
    I've never really subscribed to the 'Locke was fLocke from ep2' theories, but he has begun acting very strangely. This bit:
    LOCKE: You never know when a little C4 might come in handy.
    SAYID: You’ll have to do better than that.
    made me think that Locke somehow already knew about the sub and exactly what he was going to do with the C4.

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    ending = priceless.
    If ever they were going to cancel Lost prematurely, this would have been the time to do it. The 'Twin Peaks ending!'

Quote Originally Posted by Wightpants View Post
    I've never really subscribed to the 'Locke was fLocke from ep2' theories, but he has begun acting very strangely. This bit:

made me think that Locke somehow already knew about the sub and exactly what he was going to do with the C4.
    While I don't think Locke has been Flocke since he met the monster, I do think he has been recieving visions since then that we are not always privy to. They've showed us some ("Further Instructions" and "?"), but I think he was getting others, especially in S3 when he is systematically cutting off communications and modes of travel to and from the island. It's possible that he was just running amok, but it seemed a bit too deliberate to be completely without purpose. I hope we'll see more of these moments when "the island" spoke to John. I really want to know how much of what we've seen has been caused by "the island" vs. Jacob and X, or someone/something yet to be seen.

+ Reply to Thread