+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3x15 Left Behind

Default 3x15 Left Behind

Lost Rewatch discussion for "Left Behind"

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Left_Behind
    Last edited by What'sDoneIsDone; 09-23-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: forgot link

I really liked this on rewatch! I don't know why, but I always like watching scenes between Juliet and Kate, and this episode was pretty much a very long Kate/Juliet scene with other bits in between. I'm also a fan of character connections... so I obviously love Cassidy in the flashbacks, I still think this is one of the coolest connections.

So I'm pretty confident Juliet was judged in this episode. I think she knew it too. You can tell, in the bushes, right after the monster leaves she's struggling to keep pretending she has no clue what it is, and what it just did to her. Now... since the monster comes back for her later, it would seem as if it decided she was not sorry for the things she'd done, right? But to me this doesn't really make sense, because the Juliet we come to know after she joins the survivors obviously does feel bad for all the bad things Ben made her do. This is a total guess-- but what if it was actually coming back to judge Kate next? Either way, the monster hasn't gone after either of them again... so it's tough to know what it was up to for sure.

I love the scenes with the monster and Hurley's con! Sawyer trying to be nice is so funny.

But why is Jack still knocked out when Kate comes back after a whole night plus several hours of daylight?

No clue... Maybe he got super gas...

Best quote from the episode:

HURLEY: Jack's gone, Locke's gone, Kate and Sayid, you're all we got. And Paulo and Nikki dying, we all look to you. Then again you totally tried to steal the diamonds, but we wanted to look to you. Look around, you made everyone happy. Just for today, they can eat boar, laugh, and forget that they're totally screwed. And you did that for em dude, you.

i also wondered the same thing about jack....i guess kate was moved by juliet and outside, so maybe the fresh air made the difference
    another strange thing is that kate is lying on the floor beside that sandwich....there are couches in the room....

cassidy was drinking while pregnant! i hope she didnt know at the time!

juliet kicks kates ass. later on, kate kicks juliets ass.
    but i love the scenes of these two together. and they both look so pretty covered in mud! haha

what were the white flashes that kate and juliet saw when they were hiding in the trees? smokey? or something else?

the hurley/sawyer story was so cute. sawyer with claire and aaron was hilarious. i like to see characters interact that dont normally. nice of desmond to let sawyer take credit for the boar....

kates mom tells her that the next time she sees her the first thing she will do is scream for help...we know that this is exactly what she did.

strange that the sonic fence stops smokey...i guess it makes sense IF smokey is the islands defence system, and the fence is dharmas...it may have been made for just that reason (or just to keep the hostiles out...)

what were the white flashes that kate and juliet saw when they were hiding in the trees? smokey? or something else?
    I think it's meant to be Smokey scanning her. Like he did to Eko and Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by MM0602 View Post
    I really liked this on rewatch! I don't know why, but I always like watching scenes between Juliet and Kate, and this episode was pretty much a very long Kate/Juliet scene with other bits in between. I'm also a fan of character connections... so I obviously love Cassidy in the flashbacks, I still think this is one of the coolest connections.

So I'm pretty confident Juliet was judged in this episode. I think she knew it too. You can tell, in the bushes, right after the monster leaves she's struggling to keep pretending she has no clue what it is, and what it just did to her. Now... since the monster comes back for her later, it would seem as if it decided she was not sorry for the things she'd done, right? But to me this doesn't really make sense, because the Juliet we come to know after she joins the survivors obviously does feel bad for all the bad things Ben made her do. This is a total guess-- but what if it was actually coming back to judge Kate next? Either way, the monster hasn't gone after either of them again... so it's tough to know what it was up to for sure.
    Kate and Juliet scenes seem like they should write themselves. They're very different people who don't particularly like each other and whom I imagine disagree on everything. Plus, Juliet's (imo) always made to feel like second best to Kate.

Yeah, Juliet was definitely judged in this episode. I think if it wanted to kill her it would've had plenty of opportunities cuz she was always trekking off into the jungle for this or that. Great episode.

iDream247 detonates my heart too

Was she being judged or did smokey recognize her as an other and retreat?

^great point.

iDream247 detonates my heart too

Juliet was judged, I think. She had just killed one of their own people and had been "marked" with the brand on her back. Smokey came and flashed her face, and it saw that she was not sorry for killing Picket (sp).

I think it's interesting we hear Kate tell her mom that she is not sorry for killing her step dad since she did it to save her mom. We also heard Eko say he was not sorry for killing the guy to save Yemi's life when they were children (Cost of Living). Lost makes a point of showing the characters make a choice where what's right and what's wrong are not clear cut.

+ Reply to Thread