+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 4x02 Confirmed Dead

^agreed. That explanation is kinda murky. I just assume it was some kind of "memory of something that hadn't happened yet"...?

iDream247 detonates my heart too

Quote Originally Posted by mattepntr View Post
    I think the Christiane I was not searching for sunken ships at all. I think Widmore sent it specifically to find the plane wreckage. Why go through all the trouble and expense of faking the wreckage if it's never found?
    Well, as I mentioned before, Lostpedia states that there was another hidden mission and I assume that this was to find the fake wreckage of Oceanic flight 815. Remember how surprised these guys voices were when they actually came upon it as they scanned the ocean floor? They were shocked to find it because that wasn't their primary mission as Daniel would say! Of course Charles wanted it to be found after going to all that trouble to put it there but he covered it up by using a story of looking for the Black Rock instead.

Sawyer was right, that Ben was formulating a plan to kill Locke...

I don't think it was necessary for Jack et al. to point guns at Miles and Daniel and take their guns away...if they truly believed the freighterfolk are there to rescue them. Guess they did it because Daniel said it wasn't their primary goal, and to give the Losties the upper hand (Jack's always got to be in charge), and maybe because Ben, Locke, and Charlie created enough doubt.

Charlotte in Tunisia: guess one of the polar bears turned the donkey wheel

After everything, it's almost refreshing to meet someone like Daniel, who's just upfront and honest about everything. can't mistake him for malicious or manipulative (well I suppose you could suspect anybody, but he seems genuine)

So: Charlotte was born on the island (DI), and Miles' (DI) and Daniel's (Other) parents were on the island. much closer connections that the Losties.

Naomi said Oceanic's dead. Charlotte acted surprised. and Miles and Daniel don't seem surprised. I wonder what purpose Naomi had for telling them about the reported found plane, or if she genuinely knew less than her crew. I think their mission is to retrieve Ben, briefed that they might meet hostile people on the island. and then, plan B, to kill everybody on the island. and, let me get this straight, Ben was going to kill everybody with the Tempest so he wouldn't get caught? the island could be found again... and Charlotte etc. stopped the gas, so at least they didn't want to kill everybody, just get Ben. I think. But we also know that Charlotte, Miles, and Daniel want to get to and stay on the island for their own personal reasons, so being part of Widmore's team was just a means to get there...once there, they probably thought, screw Widmore's plan. unlike Keamy, who has no reason to care about the island or its inhabitants. Did Widmore want just Ben? did Widmore want the Others and everyone else dead? I think that's what we're led to believe so far. but we don't know why.

I wonder, if Charlotte had just asked Locke and co., "hey, just let me take or kill Ben and I'll leave you alone and leave the island, with you if you want to come, without you if you don't", then they'd just hand Ben over and everybody wins. hehe. yeah right...

By the way, after seeing future Frank in s. 5, I much prefer Frank with long hair and a goatee.

Quote Originally Posted by sdorian View Post
    Charlotte in Tunisia: guess one of the polar bears turned the donkey wheel
    Love it!

Like they would really show the corpse of capt "Seth Norris" on the news

Quote Originally Posted by zeus22 View Post
    We never really got a satisfying answer as to why Daniel was crying at the news of Flight 815 being found. In "The Variable" he said something like, "It's just so sad. All those people are dead." It seems like it was being built up to be something more, but maybe that's just me.
    Dan was with his experiments of time and travel and constants. His mind was crazy and that's why he forgot things on the Island like his name and why he acts a little weird. He was crying because somewhere he remembered his plan to blow up the Swan to stop 815 crashing. Obviously this failed and he knows why when watching the TV so he cries at the fact his entire plan failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BathtubJin View Post
    I liked the lesbians last night, but I have no idea who Mayor Tommy Carcieri from The Wire is supposed to be, except that he screwed over the king's advisor for some reason instead of helping him. And there was no midget last night, which sucked because I like the midget. And Drago's smoking hot wife isn't getting naked anymore now that she's pregnant, so I hope she has the kid pretty soon so she can start getting naked again (hopefully).

Yeah, I agree that Daniel crying was emotional over flight still crashing, but not quite remembering everything.
    It is cool to now see the Losties more island proficient when the new people come. It shows how everything that's happened on the island has changed the way they behave.
    I do think Jack realizes there's more to their mission after seeing the gas masks & Daniel saying rescue isn't their top priority. Jack is going to make sure that no matter what, they take them off the island.
    It is interesting how 3 members of the science team are connected to the island too. Like someone said b4, wouldn't Ben know this too w/his "research" on them? Wouldn't he especially know Daniel is Charles & Eloise's son???
    "If we can't live together... we're going to die alone."

"Oh awesome. The ship sent us another Sawyer."

"You're just not looking at the big picture, Doc. You're still back in civilization. Me? I'm in the wild."

+ Reply to Thread