+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4x07 Ji Yeon

Well it's believable I think cuz from September 22 to January 1 when they were rescued is a bit under 4 months. The media would probably just assume the baby was born late.

Plus she wasn't living in the US so I'm sure she didn't get as much media coverage as the other O6.

Edit: I've decided the last scene with Sun in the cemetary is the saddest scene in the show ever.
    Last edited by MM0602; 11-16-2009 at 03:06 AM.

This is one of my favorite Sun & Jin episodes. So touching in a number of different parts. I love the conversation between Jin and Bernard out in the boat...I love when Jin comes back and forgives Sun for the affair...and of course, I always cry when Sun and Hurley are at Jin's grave.

From this episode, can we assume that Jin is one of the people that WILL die during season 6? I sure hope not, and that we can call this bit of the episode a 'possible future' and nothing more.

What a surprise when the panda turns out to for the ambassador's grandson! Didn't see that and Jin's grave coming!

I think the ending of this episode was probably the most confusing moment in the history of the show for me.

I share some of the frustrations about the inconsistencies mentioned earlier? Why did Michael warn Sayid and Desmond about the captain? Why was he banging pipes together? Was this him messing up the engines? Why did Dr. Ray have a scar on his face that wasn't there in "The Constant"? Why was there blood on the wall in Sayid and Desmond's new room?

Weird stuff that we'll never get answers to. Oh well, this is my favorite Sun/Jin episode.

Yeah, I don't get the "don't trust the captain" sign. I think Mike was just playa hating lol

iDream247 detonates my heart too

This is my least favorite episode of season 4 but it did have a wonderful twist to Sun and Jin's off island story line at least!!

My take on Captain Gault is that the people brought on the freighter really didn't know if this guy was good or not. They all knew that Keamy was bad news from his "fun" target practicing on the ship so I'm thinking they all assumed Gault was just as bad as Keamy was. Charles hired both of them but I think he gave Keamy more information than Gault. This is the trouble with the whole freighter folk/science crew/removing Ben story line is that we never got a lot of confirmation as to who knew exactly what about this mission of Charles Widmore. The TV viewers are left to sort out the mess and in the end of it all, TPTB tell us that it was indeed C.W. who put the plane in the trench.

I think the whole premise was that we were to believe that all these people on the freighter were "bad news" for the losties but in the end, some of them were "good people" like Ben told Michael in their radio conversation. I also think it was a way to make us wonder if Charles was the true bad guy on Lost and not so much Ben.

I am still trying to figure how much time difference there is between the freighter and the island. Sun tells Jin that Sayid and Desmond have been gone for 3 days but we know that isn't the same on the boat. After going through season 4, I am thinking it is a 3 to 1 ratio. 3 days on the island equal 1 day on the freighter.

I thought the best scene of this episode was when Jin has made Sun supper and he is a completely different man than when he first came to the island. He has learned from the past and is that man who Sun first fell in love with so long ago. The scene of Sun and Hurley visiting the grave site was touching but I thought the presence of Hurley seemed odd. I understand that Sun blamed Jack and probably Kate to some extent for Jin's death and that she was shunning most of the 06 but to me when Hurley shows up at her door after the birth was poorly written.

Quote Originally Posted by JulietDetonatesMyHeart View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the "don't trust the captain" sign. I think Mike was just playa hating lol
    I think that the missing episodes from the writers strike forced them to remove character development for the captain, leaving the attempted buildup without any payoff. Add another 7 episodes and they'd have a lot more time to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Careless View Post
    I think that the missing episodes from the writers strike forced them to remove character development for the captain, leaving the attempted buildup without any payoff. Add another 7 episodes and they'd have a lot more time to work with.
    They actually only trimmed the season by 3 episodes:
    http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Writ...80.9308_strike

However, the cut off was at "Meet Kevin Johnson" which left off right at the point where we might be shown what a badass Gault was. After the strike-induced break we got two episodes with no activity on the Kahana, and then "Cabin Fever" where Gault seems more like a pussycat and they ramp up Keamy's badassery. So...fair enough, maybe they did get a little screwed by the strike rather than their own bad writing/planning.

Clearly I gotta research more before I go throwing complaints around...who says TV is rotting my brain?

Lots of little "what?" moments in this midseason batch of episodes. One annoyance to mean was all the discussion of the black box from 815 during this and a few of the previous episodes, which also went nowhere. It can't be found, it has been found, its on the Kahana (!?).... Then nothing. It's as if it was meant to reveal or provoke something, and then it was dropped. Also, I don't recall if it is in this episode or the next (we watched four in a row last night now that all the holiday hoopla is caught up) and I thought it was careless of the writers to say twice in the same episode "it's been three days..." [Sun says it on the beach, then Sayid on the freighter] as if knowing they had to remind us due to all the (over)complications).

watched this one just now, and i have to say...i love the twist. I knew something was up with the cell phone but now watching it again lets me see other hints just like how in Fight Club they throw hints to the end during the entire movie. Also, i was glad to finally see Michael return. He's not my favorite but if they announce him as part of the cast and his name is credited, really makes you think where he is. It'd be 6 episodes already. Sad to see he got so little screen time, and poor Walt. He's truely alone now isnt he? His mom and dad? Its sad. I love the twists, but the episode is just meh. Theres a lot of holes in season 4, but in the end, ill love it. Probably the weakest season(minues the start of season 3) haha

I was that little boy, that little baby boy was me.
    I once was a boy, but now I am a man!
    I fought the nightman, lived as dayman...

"The first rule of fight club is..."

I could see Jack mentioning his dead father, it seemed like sarcasm ("If I'm drunker than he is"). But Sun is not only calling out Jin's name (which I could see), she tells the doctor to go get him. I guess she must be delirious from the pain...

hate Juliet in this episode too...it's Sun's decision.

Why would Ben sabotage the ship so it can't leave the island and go away? guess they know too much and have to die.

Yeah I'm more than a little confused about who knows what. The captain suggests Ben forged the crash (did they listen to the fake black box? and why's it on the freighter, not with Widmore), Miles and Daniel (I think) know it's fake, but Naomi presents it as real. Is it because Naomi, as more of a trained solider-type, is better at lying? Or maybe, as Frank suggests, no one actually sat around and chatted with each other (so they'd all know different things). But you'd think whether or not the crash is fake would come up in conversation.

Charlotte and Daniel neutralize the gas so Ben can't use it to kill them. But Keamy's second protocol is to kill everybody. So that doesn't make sense. And how would killing everybody accomplish the result of taking Ben. Did Widmore want Ben dead or alive, or just alive?

All we really know is that the freighter is from Charles Widmore. He's not communicating with Penny, but she knows about the island. The freighter doesn't come closer to shore, but Ben, through sabotage through Michael, doesn't want the freighter to leave either, apparently.

There's a time difference between the island and the freighter, but it's inconsistent, where the island is ahead of the freighter sometimes and behind sometimes (island receives the payload after, receives the doctor earlier, changes in minutes or hours or days). but no difference via phones.

George time travels too (were the other freighter crazies time traveling?). maybe George and Brendan (whoever he went out on the raft thing with) experienced radiation... Is there a reasoning behind who goes crazy and who doesn't? or why the Losties, for that matter, aren't nuts...or, well, nuts like the Freighter people?

When I first saw this, after Jin said he'd been married two months, I still thought it was a flashforward. I thought he'd kept working for Paik, him and Sun divorced, and he remarried. Now I know this episode sets up the flash-forward flash-back style that will come up later.

+ Reply to Thread