+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4x10 Something Nice Back Home

That Jack and Kate scene where she refuses to tell him what she was doing is simply awful. He wouldn't want Jack to know he had a child? Ok, maybe he'd prefer Jack not know that, but there's no way his preference for that justifies sneaking around behind your spouse's back.

And how is the baby supposed to survive with his mother wandering off? 2 month olds can't eat. Oh, and the whole thing with the mercenaries gets more and more ridiculous. Those guys would have been slaughtered if the Others had bothered to fight them, even without the help of the 815
    Last edited by Careless; 12-22-2009 at 05:23 PM.

[QUOTE=Nathan182;2053046] I liked the smoke alarm going off before Jack saw Christian, subtle hint that it's actually MiB off the island appearing as the dead people? In a similar vein to what Jacob did.

Nice.
    Last edited by locke-n-load; 01-07-2010 at 10:32 PM.

The first time I saw this, I did think Jack was overreacting to Kate's mysteriousness, though I did suspect she was cheating on him with Sawyer. and yeah, given Kate's history (and the paranoia the island bred), there's plenty of reason for distrust. But now, knowing that the secret was visiting Cassidy - and she probably wanted to respect Sawyer's wishes that it be kept secret or something - I really think Jack's being an ass. Yes, Kate should be truthful. But, Jack should also trust her. And, without proof, he shouldn't get all angry and jealous. So I do side with Kate in that, if he can't trust her (if he's this jealous), they can't have a relationship.

Jack's episode at the end here reminds me of his obsession with needing to know who Sarah was screwing. It doesn't really matter. What matters is his temper, his overreaction...

And knowing now what Kate's up to, it puts Jacks' "I'm the one" speech in a new perspective. First watch, when you don't know what Kate's up to, it's like the audience is one Jack's side, Jack's perspective. That maybe Kate really hasn't gotten over Sawyer. But now - from Kate's perspective - it looks like Kate is over Sawyer. Her trips to Cassidy don't have anything to do with it. and Jack's speech reveals his own insecurities - his need to one-up Sawyer, who isn't even there, when Kate's right in front of him and (though she flip-flopped) chose him. maybe Jack would never trust Kate and would never think that he could live up to what he imagines as Kate's memory of Sawyer. his own insecurities make him jealous... (and why do I now sound like Dr. Phil?) also, with the truth of alcohol or whatever, we see that Jack deep-down just isn't comfortable with Aaron, and can't accept that Kate loves him like a son.

"you're not related to him" in a new light too. because we know Jack's related to him. I suppose - if they did do blood tests - Kate could officially adopt Aaron and Jack might have rights as his uncle.

poor little baby Aaron, now orphaned...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chameleon View Post
    Smoke alarm? Oooh, I missed that. Time for the re-rewatch.
    The smoke alarm - like a microwave in another flashback (Des's) just reminded me of the button pushing.

Possibly my least favourite episode of Lost. Not much really happens... Jack gets surgery.. Jack and Kate or having problems in a flashforward... Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Careless View Post
    And how is the baby supposed to survive with his mother wandering off? 2 month olds can't eat
    This bothered me so much!!!
    That baby would have been crying non stop without being nursed by Claire,
    and then he also survives a helicopter crash into the ocean? Really?

I think I'm in the minority, but this is one of my favorite episodes from Season 4. I really love watching the downfall of Jack and seeing how he began his descent into the Jack we saw in TTLG.

I also like this episode since to me, it appears that despite Jack's issues with his father, he seemingly becomes him in this episode.

This epi does fill in some of the story:
    showing Jack start his downfall & Claire leaves w/Christian which is why Aaron is w/Kate

Then there are little clues, like Jack getting sick (a hint that he shouldn't leave), smoke alarm, Jack's comment "You're not even related to him" hints that he will find out about claire.
    Charlotte can speak many languages, including Korean.
    "If we can't live together... we're going to die alone."

"Oh awesome. The ship sent us another Sawyer."

"You're just not looking at the big picture, Doc. You're still back in civilization. Me? I'm in the wild."

I just finished my rewatch of this episode and the new things keep popping up!

I like how this episode starts with jack opening his eyes. The first time I saw this episode, I saw Jack's appendicitis as an omen that he was not suppossed to leave. Now I know that it is more than that, the island doesn't want him to leave. Same with the flashforwards, Christian appearing to Jack, Charlie's note and the Alice in Wonderland quote. All indications that he (they) need to go back.

While keeping a keen eye out for background items, I spied a crude crayon drawing of a jagged fuzzy humanoid picture on the refrigerator in Jack & Kate's home. BSM?

Some questions that I still have after this rewatch, possibly to be answered in seasons 5 & 6 (I haven't seen either of those seasons yet!). Why were Danielle & Karl's bodies buried? Who buried them? The obvious answer would be Keamy & his crew in order to keep the element of surprise when they snagged Alex in the previous episode. I did make for a dramatic scene when Miles located their bodies though.

Another question is why dies Miles keep looking at Claire? What does he sense?

Lastly, and this has probably been covered before, it seems as if the Christian that appears to Claire is not the same as the one who appears to Jack in the flashfoward. Claire's Christian seems more intent on separating her with Aaron, almost as if he knows that some will leave the island, possibly setting it up so that Aaron will be "raised by another". Looking at the next episode, we know that Christian "helps" Locke make a decision. Why would he do this and keep Claire & Aaron separate? Time to hurry on to season 5!

I did notice Miles looking at Claire. We know he thinks she's hot, but was there something not right? Miles also gave looks to Sayid in s6 after Sayid came back to life. Miles knew something wasn't right.
    "If we can't live together... we're going to die alone."

"Oh awesome. The ship sent us another Sawyer."

"You're just not looking at the big picture, Doc. You're still back in civilization. Me? I'm in the wild."

+ Reply to Thread