+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4x13 There's No Place Like Home, Parts 2 & 3

yea it just seems random mainly because he is baiting ben about it at the orchid, as if it is some kind of threat agaisnt him. who knows possible signs of insanity kicking in?? but there must be something else to it IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chameleon View Post
    We get our second glimpse at Miles' psychic powers, first when he knew Michael was lying about his name, now about Charlotte living on the island. Presumably neither of these facts came from him talking to dead people so he must have some aura/mind-reading ability.
    I don't think he's psychic. I think the ghost of Libby was following Michael, and I think he could hear the ghosts of the island.

Also, is it just me or does Daniel seem to think he's not going to make it back to the island after this trip. How does he know that and why wouldn't he just say so?

FARADAY: I'm leaving in ten minutes to take the next group of people to the freighter. You need to make sure that you're with me on that raft, all right?
    MILES: Well, don't worry about me, 'cause I'm gonna stay.
    FARADAY: Miles, no, uh, uh, I don't think I'm getting across the... direness of the circumstance.

JULIET: I promised I wouldn't leave until I got everyone here safely off this island. Relax. I'll still be here when you get back.
    FARADAY: Right, right... when I get back
    Yeah, he knows he's not coming back because he knows people are heading to the Orchid - he knows what the Orchid can do (maybe not exactly, but it what it involves). After all, he knows about the secondary protocol, so he must know what's in it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy4815 View Post
    something that has bugged me but probably has a real simple explanation: why does keamy use his OWN boat as an insurance policy against Ben. to me this makes literally no sense...that boat is widmores and his last chance at finding the island so why would keamy think it could be used agaisnt ben??
    Oh yeah. Not only that, but what happened to Michael's bomb?

I guess they changed direction over the course of the season. Makes me wonder if Michael originally was going to kill everyone on the boat, but they decided to let him redeem himself instead.

looks like the soldiers took Ben and left..no killing anyone else. and, who knows, maybe the soldiers would have lived if they just got on the chopper right away, instead of falling for decoy Kate and looking for people chasing her.

I don't know anything about bombs, but I figure they need a fuse. If you remove the battery, where's the fuse? No way they could move the bomb? put it on the zodiac, set it out to sea and move the Kahana away from it?

guess Walt must have just guessed that his dad went back to the island. The fact that the Oceanic 6 spent 3 years off-island gives time for Walt to grow up. But I wonder, in s.6, how they'd show 10 yr old Walt. or maybe they won't.

Pierce Chang has a different name in each video, making me think the people manned in each station didn't communicate with each other. I think Hallowax, Chang's Orchid name, was on the parka.

Widmore must have told Keamy what anthurium flowers look like. or Keamy left a spy at the Orchid.

Ben the archvillain, killed DI in the Purge, didn't care about the lives on the freighter or the Ajira flight... maybe Locke should question if Widmore is the threat to the island...

The end scene where Sawyer finds out the freighter exploded from Juliet on the beach - you'd think he'd hear/see it first out in the water swimming back.

Sawyer etc. would think that Kate and everyone else died...(yet they know they're alive off island and Locke's going to bring them back?)

Ben: Sorry I made your life so miserable...yeah, like trying to kill you only a couple times

Maybe Ben moves the island, instead of letting Locke do it, because he wants to get to Widmore to kill Penny Maybe that "who moves the island can never come back" line is a lie. Doesn't Locke find a different way to the wheel, when he turns it, that's not through the Orchid (I forget)? Ben said he's been to Tunisia before and he knows exactly how to move the island, so maybe he's moved it before.

And then the island unsticks some, but not all, people in time. not richard or the Others. and did all the redshirts (except Rose and Bernard) die on the freighter? Juliet said she wouldn't leave until everyone was off, so that makes me think there's more 815ers on the island. did Rose and Bernard skip in time?

every time I watch the helicopter crash, I'm scared for Aaron. no lifevest, no way you could hold onto him as you crash into the water...guess babies might be able to swim until someone can grab him...maybe Aaron's special...

oh and Sun's meeting with Widmore, she must know Ben's off the island - enough money to hunt him down.

anybody know what was said to futureKate on the phone? I'm sure that's Kate's worst fear, that, since she took the baby, she'll lose the baby. especially guilt over Claire. I hope Claire ends up ok with Aaron...

The "there's a boat" excitement, you'd think someone would panic it's the Others...coming for the boy.

I think they can pull off the lie, who'd believe the truth?

and did Des's flashes stop after the Constant?

I know the writers got slammed for this already, but it's frustrating the way they ignore their own continuity sometimes. Jack says Locke told him several things which we do not see in "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham," which was probably an issue of them trying to squish too much into one episode. Locke does not say anything about Kate or Aaron's safety depending on them going back to the island, he only says that they need to go back to help the people who were left on the island. Frustrating. And while I get why Locke claiming to have spoken to Christian would set Jack down his crazy beardy path, the whole thing about Jack trying to crash land is squished into too short of a time frame. In this episode Jack tells Ben he spoke to Ben about a month ago. In the season three finale "Through the Looking Glass," Jack tells Kate "Yeah that golden pass that they gave us. I, I've been using it. Every Friday night I, I fly from LA to Tokyo or, Singapore, Sydney. [Laughs] And then I, I get off and I, have a drink, and then I fly home." Every Friday night. For about a month. So, like, four times? It just came off like he'd been a wreck for much longer.
    Maybe the Locke/Jack encounter we see is the first one...and Jack starts turning into a wreck and taking flights...and Locke comes to talk to him again, which we don't see. so Jack last saw him a month ago, but Locke visited him a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Was Here View Post
    But still, this was just a tad bit lame. I mean, Richard is the most experienced Other of ALL the Others. You'd think he'd know that shooting a cold-blooded mercenary into a bullet-proof vest would not necessarily take him out for good. And Richard is just not that sloppy.
    Maybe Richard shot him in the bulletproof vest on purpose. Maybe Richard can't or doesn't want to kill anyone. maybe Richard's a saint or a ghost or something

Thumbs up

I mean, this is probably the best fight scene in all of LOST - and the ONLY time I really feared for Sayid's life, up to that point in the show. Sayid had no real match on the Island before Keamy showed up...but Keamy v. Sayid was a a serious frakkin' contest!
    I rewound it to watch the Sayid v. Keamy fight at least 3 times. It's pretty kickass.

where Jack refuses to accept the fact that the Island disappears? Wow. I mean, even a Man of Science can see that the bloomin' Island is frakkin' GONE!
    I don't know. I think it's plausible that Jack doesn't believe the island moved. Smoke and mirrors. Magicians on TV make giant impossible things vanish. But most importantly, it's what Locke said to him. Jack's lying to himself. Jack is incapable of believing in miracles (when he maybe should've pre-island with Sarah). As religious people have incredible faith in that which they have no proof of, Jack has incredible faith/belief in "science", in the tangible and substantial. in the nonexistence of the supernatural etc. despite the miracle of Sarah, the crazy island stuff (a lot of which was physically caused by Others and themselves), and, of course, the Red Sox winning.

and/or Jack refuses to admit (now) that Locke was right. I think this all adds up to him becoming a wreck, because coming to believe in destiny and the island and all this magic and stuff shatters his established worldview, everything he grounds himself by. that and having to come to terms with destiny and fate and not being in control of his life. maybe that's what makes him suicidal, so he can at least control his death. (and Michael couldn't even do that)

(what Ben said about fate.)

Quote Originally Posted by sdorian View Post
    And then the island unsticks some, but not all, people in time. not richard or the Others. and did all the redshirts (except Rose and Bernard) die on the freighter? Juliet said she wouldn't leave until everyone was off, so that makes me think there's more 815ers on the island. did Rose and Bernard skip in time?
    Er...have you seen season five yet? That will answer your question.

I think they can pull off the lie, who'd believe the truth?
    Exactly. They're better off lying just so they don't get institutionalized (not that that helped Hurley). As Hurley so succinctly puts it in "The Lie":

HURLEY: Okay. See, we did crash, but it was on this crazy island. And we waited for rescue, and there wasn't any rescue. And there was a smoke monster, and then there were other people on the island. We called them the Others, and they started attacking us. And we found some hatches, and there was a button you had to push every 108 minutes or... well, I was never really clear on that. But... the Others didn't have anything to do with the hatches. That was the DHARMA Initiative. The Others killed them, and now they're trying to kill us. And then we teamed up with the Others because some worse people were coming on a freighter. Desmond's girlfriend's father sent them to kill us. So we stole their helicopter and we flew it to their freighter, but it blew up. And we couldn't go back to the island because it disappeared, so then we crashed into the ocean, and we floated there for a while until a boat came and picked us up. And by then, there were six of us. That part was true.

...anybody know what was said to futureKate on the phone? I'm sure that's Kate's worst fear, that, since she took the baby, she'll lose the baby. especially guilt over Claire. I hope Claire ends up ok with Aaron...
    From Lostpedia:

A male voice, speaking in reverse, says, "The Island needs you. You have to go back before it's too late."

+ Reply to Thread