+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 4x13 There's No Place Like Home, Parts 2 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy4815 View Post
    something that has bugged me but probably has a real simple explanation: why does keamy use his OWN boat as an insurance policy against Ben. to me this makes literally no sense...that boat is widmores and his last chance at finding the island so why would keamy think it could be used agaisnt ben??
    Just listening to the DVD commentary for this episode, and Darlton postulate that it could just be Keamy being crazy, or it could be part of Widmore's instructions. So while he may not really have set up the bomb to try and manipulate Ben, he's maybe just trying to use it that way in the circumstances.

Also, the guy on Penny's boat who calls "Miss Widmore!" is the same guy who we saw in the arctic station at the end of season 2. Quite meaningless, but cool.
    Last edited by Wightpants; 01-14-2010 at 08:25 PM.

I like the repetition of "All right then" by Hurley before he leaves Santa Rosa with Sayid-something the Lost folk all seem to say as they make a life changing decision.

How does Sun know she should be mad a Ben for blowing up the freighter? Locke was the only one who was with Ben & Keamy at the time, and Locke did not speak to Sun back on the mainland.

And why does Faraday not seem to know what is written in his journal? Is it only because his brain is fried from CTT and he can't remember anything that's happened to him or what his own theories are?

On the subject of Desmond's consciousness and when he's jumping, I watched "There's No Place Like Home" (1-2) last night. When the O6 et al crash from the helicopter, something different seems to have happened to Desmond. After Jack reorients himself (in silence underwater as he seems to come to), we see Hurley already on the raft (?) and Sayid yelling for help with Desmond, who has a head wound and is unconscious. Of course, Jack gives CPR. Desmond comes around, but he seems to have been somewhere else.

What's the reason that this season had way fewer episodes?? I'm rewatching it on Hulu and I'm confused!

Quote Originally Posted by visiblehand View Post
    What's the reason that this season had way fewer episodes?? I'm rewatching it on Hulu and I'm confused!
    Production was halted mid-season due to the Writers Guild strike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2...America_strike
    "I don't have to prove anything to you, Richard. You either come with me or you can keep trying to blow stuff up. Your call, dude."

This explains specifically how Lost was impacted by the strike: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Writ...ild_of_America

(man, Lostpedia has everything!)
    "I don't have to prove anything to you, Richard. You either come with me or you can keep trying to blow stuff up. Your call, dude."

Ben the archvillain, killed DI in the Purge, didn't care about the lives on the freighter or the Ajira flight... maybe Locke should question if Widmore is the threat to the island...

I believe it was Widmore who ordered the Purge. It is sooo his style. After all, he did send Keamy to the island to not only snatch Ben, but also kill everyone else. But after meeting the Dharma people in Season 5, I can see why the Others killed them. Widmore and the Others could have found another way to get rid of the DI, but I see why they killed those from the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish1941 View Post
    I believe it was Widmore who ordered the Purge. It is sooo his style. After all, he did send Keamy to the island to not only snatch Ben, but also kill everyone else. But after meeting the Dharma people in Season 5, I can see why the Others killed them. Widmore and the Others could have found another way to get rid of the DI, but I see why they killed those from the group.
    Could Smokey have ordered the purge?

+ Reply to Thread