+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 5x05 This Place Is Death

Quote Originally Posted by TNPLH View Post
    Nadine!
    *sigh* I know.
    "I don't have to prove anything to you, Richard. You either come with me or you can keep trying to blow stuff up. Your call, dude."

RIP Nadine.

Thought this should be in here -

Ive been watching season 5 and just watched THIS PLACE IS DEATH. Had a question and noticed something new(at least for me).

So we never truly find out who builds the FDW after Smother fills in the hole in Across the Sea. But lets assume that the area containing the FDW is in its own "time bubble," esp when the flashes start. My assumption is when Locke falls down the well during the time flash, when he screams for Sawyer after he has fallen, he couldnt hear him bc (besides the dirt) they were no longer in the same time period. Im sure someone can disprove this, but im just assuming this for my theory.

And its not made clear who finds the FDW after MIB and the ppl from ATS.

So I was wondering.... Do we know who first built the stonehenge well? When Locke and company arrive, its the Orchid, but it quickly changes. And when they go up to it, its a well and has stones around it kinda like stonehenge. Do we assume this is Dharma time? Did they build it or come upon the stonehenge well?

How in the world does Charlotte know theres a well? She was way to young to be taken there in the 70s. Does she just know bc shes done extensive research trying to find the island? is there any info on this?

One thing I noticed for the first time- Sawyer graps the rope when the time flash starts and the rope comes along with them. Never connected that Sawyer was the reason the rope was there. Since he was touching it when the flash happened, it came along.
    Im pretty sure this is how the Others or Dharma or whoever found the FDW. Im thinking that someone found that rope and digged. the FDW wasnt built, but it was half built by MIB in ATS. so they go down there and its half built. wheel is there but not connected. so these ppl finished building the FDW. maybe MIBs instructions were down there and were left there. then these ppl find them and finish it up. So the time sawyer and company are in (before 1867 bc statue is erect), the FDW isnt built. But its built when Locke falls down bc its in its own time bubble. And now Sawyer is responsible for it being discovered after ATS (and 1867.....).

Im sure they are ppl out there they already have noticed this and its prolly been discussed in here. I just found this interesting bc ppl were still wondering who finished the FDW. I feel like Ive made sense of it, in my own mind at least. Hope this helps others out there. Sorry if this has already been made clear.

This also goes along with the theory that the Losties were supposed to be in the past and had already heavily influenced the Islands history way before 2004. Theyre responsible for the FDW and the Incident, along with other things.

That a good thought that the rope Sawyer held onto caused someone in the past to dig the well. The well must have been there during DI times & Charlotte may have played near it or something.
    It is interesting how Locke keeps injuring his leg & they put him in the wheelchair while visiting the 06. I did wonder if he would go back to being paralyzed if he made it back to the real world.
    I didn't really care for Charlotte dying, but I did feel for Daniel. I do think Ben is surprised to not already know about Eloise being Daniel's mother. That makes Daniel very important. Penny never finds out she had a half brother either.
    I wish Sun continued being badass too instead of constantly asking if anyone has seen Jin.
    A few times during this epi, I was sad knowing it was last times that I didn't know the 1st time around. For example, when Sun talks to Ji Yeon b4 getting out of the car, that will be the last time she speaks to her. When John says goodbye to Sawyer, Jin, & Juliet when going down the well, it's the last time they see the real Locke.
    "If we can't live together... we're going to die alone."

"Oh awesome. The ship sent us another Sawyer."

"You're just not looking at the big picture, Doc. You're still back in civilization. Me? I'm in the wild."

So, the FDW was off track from Ben turning it which was causing the skips thru time. The FDW had to be moved again to get it back on track. It had nothing to do w/the 06 coming back. It was important for Locke to be the one to turn it so he could die off island. The 06 coming back was important b/c they needed to bring Locke's body back & they were candidates.
    I don't think Ben knew exactly what was going on, why Locke had to come back too, & about the candidates.
    "If we can't live together... we're going to die alone."

"Oh awesome. The ship sent us another Sawyer."

"You're just not looking at the big picture, Doc. You're still back in civilization. Me? I'm in the wild."

The saddest moment of this episode for me is the gentle strain of Locke's Theme that plays as MIB!Christian tells him he believes in him, that he can do the task he's meant to do. The last time it would ever be played and the last time we would ever see it with Locke alive on the island. Ugh tug my heartstrings some more please.

Did anyone else notice something weird when Jin flashed the last time before meeting up with Sawyer and the group... they were all flashing together and the group didn't see Jin before the flash, but then magically after they could? its almost like they had to be flashing at different times, or else they would have heard/seen each other.

+ Reply to Thread