+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 5x12 Dead Is Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Was Here View Post
    It was during this episode, on first viewing, that I started growing more suspicious of Locke. I mean, he was 'off' before this...but this is when I decided he was REALLY off, and something must be wrong with him in some way. Still had no idea what...but something was definitely off.
    I don't remember when, but I remember thinking "hey, I really like the new John Locke!" I loved how he was bossing Ben around and finally acting like he knew what he was doing *without* being a jerk to everyone around him (forcing Jack to push the button, clonking Sayid on the head, "judging" Kate, getting Boone killed, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chameleon View Post
    I don't remember when, but I remember thinking "hey, I really like the new John Locke!" I loved how he was bossing Ben around and finally acting like he knew what he was doing *without* being a jerk to everyone around him (forcing Jack to push the button, clonking Sayid on the head, "judging" Kate, getting Boone killed, etc.).
    Exactly! I much prefer Flocke's laid-back attitude and take charge without being an a*shole attitude to Locke's holier-than-thou, Father Knows Best one. Except that Flocke was just slightly creepy sometimes...but then again, so was Locke lol.

iDream247 detonates my heart too

Inside The Four Toed Statue with my roomate, Jacob

I was incredibly creeped out by the "New Locke", because I thought Locke might join the Dark Side as soon as "Cabin Fever" aired. Of course, back then people were so certain that Locke was resurrected, they didn't see anything wrong with him. He was so full of evil glee in "Dead is Dead" that I couldn't shake off the feeling something was incredibly wrong with him. Looking back, his behavior is VERY similar to other manifestations of The Monster. They're all extremely malevolent.

Thanks to jska108 for the signature.

^ I was uncomfortable with the 'new' Locke too. I just HATED that slimy smug smile he had on his face as he was pushing Ben around....and down the path to his own destruction.

Not that Ben didn't deserve a little pushing around, mind you. But Flocke was just so happy and SMUG about it - it was creepy to me too.

This was when I KNEW that something wasn't right with Locke. I didn't get it fully until the scene with Ilana and the "I have to show him what he's up against" part of the script...but it was definitely in this episode that I knew that something was VERY wrong with Locke.
    Art by CharlieBowtie

^ I was uncomfortable with the 'new' Locke too. I just HATED that slimy smug smile he had on his face as he was pushing Ben around....and down the path to his own destruction.

Not that Ben didn't deserve a little pushing around, mind you. But Flocke was just so happy and SMUG about it - it was creepy to me too.

This was when I KNEW that something wasn't right with Locke. I didn't get it fully until the scene with Ilana and the "I have to show him what he's up against" part of the script...but it was definitely in this episode that I knew that something was VERY wrong with Locke.

I just assumed Locke was now a guy who not only had his paralysis healed by the island, but was also re-incarnated by it and there for was much more confident. Took it for character development.

Thanks Barney.

So I wonder why he-who-is-pretending-to-be-Locke-and-has-his-memories seems to have it out for Ben? If it is Mr. X, what is Mr. X's relationship with Ben?

He doesn't have it out for Ben. Ben is just his tool. He's manipulating him. And "pushing him around" is simply one of the methods of manipulation.

Anybody else notice that Locke tosses his/Christian's shoes in his pack before taking off from Hyrda Island w/Ben on the outrigger and then proceeds to put them back on whilest sitting on the pier after arriving at the main island?

Any significance to this, i.e., MIB cannot cross water w/shoes on or what?

Quote Originally Posted by DharmaVan View Post
    Anybody else notice that Locke tosses his/Christian's shoes in his pack before taking off from Hyrda Island w/Ben on the outrigger and then proceeds to put them back on whilest sitting on the pier after arriving at the main island?

Any significance to this, i.e., MIB cannot cross water w/shoes on or what?
    I think he just wanted to keep his shoes dry.

I did wonder if there was anything to the fact that they kept showing him out in the water during his time on the Hydra island.

This is my take on Ben and MIB. I think ben has been the biggest pawn in the whole game between MIB and jacob. Throughout the show ben has proclaimed his loyalty to Jacob, and we finally learn that he has never 'seen' Jacob. When first taking locke to see jacob he takes him to the cabin. It been discussed that MIB resides in the cabin much like jacob lives in the foot.
    Ben also proclaims to of had dreams relating them to locke's. Locke's dreams have seemed to further MIB's agenda (i.e. finding the plane leading to opening the hatch, building the legend of john locke).
    So here come the big assumptions... If MIB does live in the cabin and speak through dreams, and this is where Ben has gotten all of his info/directives then he's possibly been duped form day one by MIB claiming to represent or be Jacob (much like christian does in the cabin). Not only leading him to be willing to kill jacob, but also planting the seed for the necessity to kill john locke.

+ Reply to Thread