+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 5x16 The Incident, Parts 1 & 2

I rewatched this last night, and I gotta say..one of the best LOST episodes ever. How can anyone not see Flocke not being Locke? I can't remember why it took me until Jacob said, "I guess you've found your loophole" to figure it out, it's just sooo obvious when you re-watch it. But I guess we were all deadset on Locke being back and reincarnated, how could my favorite character just die? It's so awesome though, how most of us were all tricked. But in the end, it was all worth it to get rid of the smoke monster from destroying the world as we know it.

After seeing this episode, I viewed the show as a whole to be about our existence on earth as purgatory, constantly lost trying to find yourself (plane crash on the island) we all try to live our lives the best we can (some of the losties finding all they need here on the island) and if we find real love on this earth (love/happiness on the island) and we find them after we die (sideways)..we can all move on..to heaven, or nirvana.

Random thoughts while rewatching this epi:

An epi full of one liners from Frank. Terrific.
    Also, a stab in Juliet's heart as Sawyer looks at Kate instead of her when Bernard talks about being together.
    Ben's line to Locke "I'm a pisces" is hilarious.
    Locke definitely looks more evil this epi. I like watching him manipulate Ben for a change.
    I really wished Sun got Charlie's ring to Claire. That would have definitely snapped her out of Crazy Claire mode.
    I loved the look on Sawyer's face when Jack's van pulls up.
    Is MiB/Locke pretending not to know where Jacob lives?
    "If we can't live together... we're going to die alone."

"Oh awesome. The ship sent us another Sawyer."

"You're just not looking at the big picture, Doc. You're still back in civilization. Me? I'm in the wild."

This finale is full of so much info & action. I remember when this 1st aired, our power went out & I missed about 5 min of it when Juliet fell in. It was horrible! I also remember continually saying WOW after watching this. I thought the white flash at the end was just a time flash that brought the Losties to the present time b/c Jacob was killed. I didn't really think the bomb actually went off.

Finally, we see Jacob & see how he has been in contact w/some of our Losties. Honestly, the 1st time watching this series, I thought Jacob was going to be a fake person that Richard or Ben made up b4 this epi.

Do we ever find out what happened to Ilana when Jacob visited her? I can't remember.

The pounding Sawyer gives Jack - Awesome! Juliet keeps changing her mind, mainly due to Kate, which ultimately leads to her death.

My big question is how does Juliet know Jack's speech from season 1??? When Sawyer asks her about helping Jack, she says live together die alone. How would she know that???

"You're just not looking at the big picture, Doc. You're still back in civilization. Me? I'm in the wild."

When Juliet hits the bomb & we see white, it still gives me chills.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex 909 View Post
    Kate annoys the living hell out of me in these two episodes

Follow the Leader:
    "No Jack, I won't help you erase our lives. I'm leaving. *gets on sub*

Part 1 of The Incident:
    "We need to go back to the Island I JUST left and stop Jack"

Part 2 of The Incident:
    "Hey Jack, let me help you blow up Jughead"

I just wish that Sawyer would have slapped Kate REALLY hard in the submarine.
    Kate doesn't get on the sub b/c she wants to leave. She told Jack that since she can't stop him, she was going to the Sawyer & them to come stop him. Then she got caught & was put on the sub in handcuffs.

In my opinion, this is the best episode of ANY show ever written. Just perfect!
    See you in another life, brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by David Shephard View Post
    In my opinion, this is the best episode of ANY show ever written. Just perfect!
    Yes, the moment with Jack&Kate & Juliet&Sawyer was fabulous!

+ Reply to Thread