+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Promo in Jan 29 EW!

I would suggest that if anybody wants to remain spoiler free prior to the season opener, you stay away from ALL these forum boards! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Louie Island Pig Rep View Post
    I would suggest that if anybody wants to remain spoiler free prior to the season opener, you stay away from ALL these forum boards! LOL
    Also don't watch the "previously on LOST" before the episode, or the episode itself. Also, be sure not to turn your TV on.

Or go outside.

Or open your eyes.

"Man does not simply exist, but always chooses what his existence will be--what he will become in the next moment." -- Victor Frankl, "Man's Search for Meaning"

www.zombietowne.com

While I do think some people go overboard in their desire to be totally spoilerfree the policy is what it is. If it reveals something about a future episode it is a spoiler, returning cast does reveal something albeit something small that is almost common knowledge.

And the next week on Lost segment is a spoiler as well but the previously on Lost is not.

My awesome sig was made by Kittylili

Photobucket sucks
    [I am Kitty's sugar daddy My Mantra is Ji Ya]

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It's confusing though. Is saying Matthew Fox will be in Season 6 considered a spoiler?

I suppose the main cast from S5 is not a spoiler, but any returning or new cast members is?
    See but then it gets really tricky. What about the S5 deaths? Obviously declaring a Juliet or Faraday return would be a spoiler. So not all S5 main cast is applicable to this theory.

And even more maddening is the episode titles. Because 6x01 has been officially released via ABC MediaNET we are allowed to say "LA X Part 1" in the Main Forum. But all following titles are spoilers. So its perfectly acceptable to talk about "LA X Part 1" but would it be a spoiler to mention that it has a Part 2? Hmmm...

And what exactly IS an episode spoiler? If I were to say something like "Based on everything I've read, I predict my final ranking of the show to be:

S1
    S6
    S3
    S4
    S5
    S2

be a spoiler? It's so uninformative its hard to imagine but some would argue it is.

The bottom line is if you truly honestly in your heart want to be spoiler free you should stay off the Internet. The policy is catered to you spoilerphobes, as it should be, but what you consider a spoiler (for example, the first title) may not be a spoiler to all of us who haven't been in hiding. And the closer we get, especially now, the more that will be released that for all intents and purposes should bend the rules and be openly discussed in the Main Forum. For Christ sakes, its an EW article with a personal letter to us from the head honchos themselves! If thats a spoiler, then we've crossed that bridge into unrealistic paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by NMaudlin View Post
    For Christ sakes, its an EW article with a personal letter to us from the head honchos themselves! If thats a spoiler, then we've crossed that bridge into unrealistic paranoia.
    I agreed with you up until the above quote. Then I really agreed! It wasn't even an EW article. It's a Verizon Wireless tie-in promo. It doesn't say anyone is returning, it only has pictures of all the main cast, plus a few that are presumably still dead. Good lord, people.

Like I said, seems like there should be a separate forum for the spoilerphobes and a separate forum for the spoilerphiles--and then a main forum for all of us who just go with the flow. I don't want to have to go to the spoiler zone just to talk about an ABC promotional leaflet! :indignation:

"Man does not simply exist, but always chooses what his existence will be--what he will become in the next moment." -- Victor Frankl, "Man's Search for Meaning"

www.zombietowne.com

I'm not a "crazy anti spoiler" person because I understand the potential to be spoiled on forums.... I finally cracked and found out episode titles,
    BUT, a policy is a policy....claiming "you should just stay off the internet" is about as fair as claiming "ALL of lp should be spolier free"
    What's wrong with trying to accommodate both?

Also, there IS a minor spoilers forum where people can openly discuss episode titles, centrics etc.
    Last edited by GOBernardGO; 01-25-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Let's look death in the face and say: 'Whatever, man!'

Edit: double post

The issue wasn't the darlton letter, it was the photos
    Last edited by GOBernardGO; 01-25-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBernardGO View Post
    I'm not a "crazy anti spoiler" person because I understand the potential to be spoiled on forums.... I actually finally cracked anread some of the episode titles,
    BUT, a policy is a policy....claiming "you should just stay off the internet" is about as fair as claiming "ALL of LP should be spolier free"
    What's wrong with trying to accommodate both?
    You are a crazy double-poster!

Well, once my initial and subsides, I'll be fine. And while I do respect a person's right to not be spoiled, I don't think your comparison is fair. To say "all of LP should be spoiler-free" presumes that there is one standard for spoilers. While theoretically the mods' rules--although a little stringent--should work, in reality it's too easy for people, like me, to post things that no one besides a hardcore spoilerphone would think were spoilers. (Of course, my definition of a hardcore spoilerphobe is obviously biased! )

Staying off any Lost-related forums or sites really is the best way to prevent unwanted pregnancy--I mean, spoilers. Even non-Lost sites, like EW or even Facebook and Twitter, can be dangerous.

I'm not really kidding about the pregnancy thing; I'd say the argument is similar to abstinence. People say the best way to prevent STD's and pregnancy is to just abstain. Of course, other people will argue "But that's not fair. I still wanna have a little fun!" And the fact of the matter is, if you want it, you have to live with the consequences.

www.zombietowne.com

Quote Originally Posted by JacobsLather View Post
    You are a crazy double-poster!

Well, once my initial and subsides, I'll be fine. And while I do respect a person's right to not be spoiled, I don't think your comparison is fair. To say "all of LP should be spoiler-free" presumes that there is one standard for spoilers. While theoretically the mods' rules--although a little stringent--should work, in reality it's too easy for people, like me, to post things that no one besides a hardcore spoilerphone would think were spoilers. (Of course, my definition of a hardcore spoilerphobe is obviously biased! )

the thing is, this is a fan forum for LOST fans, not a fan forum for LOST fans who don't mind minor spoilers

and I think my comparison is very valid. Considering there IS a spoiler policy and chances are it has been broken if someone is complaining about a spoiler, saying "you should just stay off the internet if you want to stay spoiler free",,is basically saying "I think spoilers should be allowed to be openly discussed on LP and all you willy nilly's need to get out of here!" .......the flip side of that would be "NO spoilers of ANY KIND should be allowed on LP at all, if you want to be spoiled you can just get out of here!!"

BOTH
    statements are ridiculous IMO, and I'm sure this is why LP has a spoiler policy....this way ALL fans of LOST can enjoy the forums

my cookie cutter response to "you should just stay off the internet" is going to be "you should just post in the spoiler forums!!!!"

The bottom line is if you truly honestly in your heart want to be spoiler free you should stay off the Internet. The policy is catered to you spoilerphobes, as it should be, but what you consider a spoiler (for example, the first title) may not be a spoiler to all of us who haven't been in hiding. And the closer we get, especially now, the more that will be released that for all intents and purposes should bend the rules and be openly discussed in the Main Forum. .
    wait....so, since you and I *might* disagree on what is or isn't a spoiler, the rules should be bent in your favor??? How is that fair?
    We already have NUMEROUS spoiler threads, each being for a different level of spoilers, what more do you want!!!!

For Christ sakes, its an EW article with a personal letter to us from the head honchos themselves! If thats a spoiler, then we've crossed that bridge into unrealistic paranoia
    it was the photos, not the letter
    Last edited by GOBernardGO; 01-25-2010 at 06:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread