+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AR Meteor

Default AR Meteor

Given Hugo's luck in the AR and his status as prosperous owner of Mr. Cluck's, are we to believe that Radzinsky's hitting the pocket in the seventies (or the bomb) somehow diverts the path of a meteor, thereby saving Trish Tanaka, and the aforementioned Mr Cluck's? Because that would be remarkable.

You people around here are something else, let me tell you.

I believe Hurley is an extremely powerful psychic (without realizing it, of course) and that he was drawing all that bad luck to himself because he believed he was cursed. I don't think the numbers themselves had anything to do with it.

In the AR, Hurley's psychic powers are bringing good luck instead.
    WHAT ABOUT YOU?

Kelvin never made it into the island in the AR, and started a chain of Falafels that sat at the same place where Mr. Cluck's stood in the original timeline, and so his Falafel place got hit with the meteor. Hurley remained lucky.

It's funny you bring up the meteor. While there is no evidence for this happening, there is another possibility. I've been thinking about my very first theory. It started out with a meteorite crashing to earth. Michio Kaku says:

"The scientists of the Dharma Initiative could have found enough exotic matter on the island, perhaps a meteorite, to create a laboratory–the Orchid Station–which can serve as the entrance to the wormhole."

So you know your theory may not come from the Incident, but from the formation of the Island

Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    I believe Hurley is an extremely powerful psychic (without realizing it, of course) and that he was drawing all that bad luck to himself because he believed he was cursed. I don't think the numbers themselves had anything to do with it.

In the AR, Hurley's psychic powers are bringing good luck instead.
    Totally agree with this. And if the meteorite is the same one that brought the exotic matter to the island, then perhaps by synchronicity Hurley brought the meteorite to Mr.Cluck's by dwelling on his bad luck-which started when his friend forsook him..

The meteor hit Mr Clucks, because Hurley's gravitational pull is so large. If it wasn't for the numbers protecting him he would have been toast.
    And one day we will die
    And our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
    But for now we are young
    Let us lay in the sun
    And count every beautiful thing we can see

Whatever the change is, it is powerful enough to alter the course of a meteor almost 30 years away.

Wow. Now an alternate version of Hurley in a parallel universe is capable of psychokinesis powerful enough to pull meteors out of the cosmos. Wow.

I guess Charlie is like Magneto and was responsible for metal objects flying around in the Swan hatch.

I'm betting we'll find out that the meteor still did fall on Mr. Clucks and that instead of saying "Woe is me! I'm so unlucky!" Hurley just says "Wow, I'm lucky I wasn't in there." Simple, logical, no superpowers needed.
    Last edited by Ebenezer Grymm; 02-08-2010 at 10:16 PM.

"we are the cause of our own suffering" was never more true than it is regarding Hurley and his "curse/luck."

"Barryiancurtisdance"

+ Reply to Thread