+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Locke stunt scene I saw in HI

Quote Originally Posted by steph4136 View Post
    I think Fox did an interview where he said this, but I'm not 100% sure where it came from. Foiler maybe?
    Well I think I remember that too, but I thought he was saying 'we'd settle into one timeline 1/3rd through the season', yet obviously we're well past 1/3rd and they are still filming alt. It's just the idea of the two timelines colliding, merging, combining-- whatever people want to say -- sounds absolutely terrible to me. Like all the sudden they will have magically lived both or something? How does this add anything to the story? I think they are quite seperate, how can they merge when the island is underwater in one of them? How does one world where the island is underwater indicating there's no elecromagnetic anomalies or influence by the smoke monster or jacob, merge with a world where those all actually DO exist. I think people just picked up on this 'merging' idea and are continuing to run with it... they must think it's the ONLY possible thing that can happen, i.e. 'if there's two realities, they MUST come together as one!'

Frankly I don't fookin' get it.
    name one other person you know that has a functioning chainsaw arm

Quote Originally Posted by MilesSmiles View Post
    Well I think I remember that too, but I thought he was saying 'we'd settle into one timeline 1/3rd through the season', yet obviously we're well past 1/3rd and they are still filming alt. It's just the idea of the two timelines colliding, merging, combining-- whatever people want to say -- sounds absolutely terrible to me. Like all the sudden they will have magically lived both or something? How does this add anything to the story? I think they are quite seperate, how can they merge when the island is underwater in one of them? How does one world where the island is underwater indicating there's no elecromagnetic anomalies or influence by the smoke monster or jacob, merge with a world where those all actually DO exist. I think people just picked up on this 'merging' idea and are continuing to run with it... they must think it's the ONLY possible thing that can happen, i.e. 'if there's two realities, they MUST come together as one!'

Frankly I don't fookin' get it.

Youre quite right of course, it doesnt make sense.I can only assume the writers will pull this off in a witty way none of us ahve thought of.
    Im sure Jorge mentions the timeline merge in the jay n jack vidcast,,,he does
    http://www.jayandjack.com/2010/02/04...cia-interview/

Just to pick up on this...although I have no inside information at all, I am trying to put two and two together from trustworthy spoilers. First off, it would appear that the scene of Locke being struck by the car in the parallel (which initiated this discussion) will happen about ep. 13/14 as stated. A lot of us assumed that this would be the explanation for how he ended up in the wheelchair in flashback, but given what we've seen in 'The Substitute' (where it is evident Locke has been in a wheelchair for some time, and is accepting of it), I'm not so sure - I agree, I don't see how easy it is to knock a man in a wheelchair over the bumper of a car, but it would appear this is all happening chronologically AFTER the events we have seen in 6.4. There is mention of the school, which is obviously the school building exterior for the high school where Locke has met Ben at the end of 6.4, and at which they will both teach for a time (it is likely to feature extensively in Ben's parallel episode 'Dr. Linus' too). What seems to be indicated by spoilers (to me, at least) is that, by about ep. 13 or 14, many of the disparate stories in the parallel are converging, and the Losties are unerringly being drawn together, specifically at a 'hospital'. My guess is this would logically be the parallel St. Sebastian (we have an indication that Jack meets with Sayid and Nadia there in 'Sundown'). It seems to be the case that Sawyer (who is working as a law enforcement officer) and Miles (who I guess is his deputy in the police department here also) are tracking something in an investigation earlier in the season and end up in the ER (whether because one of them is wounded, or they are continuing the investigation, isn't clear). At a similar time, Sun has ended up in an ambulance that presumably comes to the hospital (this *may* have something to do with a fight in which Jin is involved against Keamy, Mikhail and Omar), Locke, accompanied by Ben, also travels to the hospital in a separate ambulance (this would presumably be as a result of the car accident at the gates of the school). It might, just possibly, have been the case that Desmond, driving Charlie desperately to the marina, crashed into Locke en route?

But the point I am really making is: that all these stories are converging. I would be willing to assume that this might all represent some kind of consummation for the parallel developments, and thereafter for the finale episodes, the story will focus solely on real-time events on the Island. My call is that there will be no merging or anything of that sort; the parallel tales will wrap up in about ep. 13 or 14 with this mass ingathering of the characters (I don't know whether there will be any significant result to this, or whether it will just be used as a kind of extended 'in-joke'). Then the story will focus on the final moves on the board being made by all surviving 2007 main timeliners, MiB, Jacob, Richard, Widmore etc. as they fight for supremacy on the Island. The conclusion will naturally revolve around not only the resolution of this, but the explanation as to why the parallel developments were even relevant in the first place, and how the alternate Island etc. ended up beneath the ocean. That's my guess as to how they will bow out with the series.

Merging does indeed seem extremely terrible at this point. At the time I read that spoiler (before episode one even aired) I thought it was interesting. I honestly don't understand why the "alt" is relevant at all and therefore I get pretty bored watching it when I could be watching events on the island. I just want them to explain it soon. I think there's a good chance that this weeks episode will do just that.

Just a random related thought here...

A few seasons ago a rumor popped up on DarkUFO that the ending of Lost was that all of these characters were actually all people who had "lost" something and what we've seen on island was really their minds in an experimental group therapy session at a shrinks office. Kind of like the Wizard of Oz, how Dorothy projects people and things she knows from the real world into her dream of Oz.

I know, it sounds awful. But so did a long haired Asian man coming out of the temple. We all presumed it was future Jin, but apparently it was Dogen. The more I think about it, it kinda sounds plausible now as the way to tie these two together. God I hope that's not it. MIB and Jacob would be the shrinks. Oh lord please no. The numbers assigned to them would be their patient or appointment numbers or something. OMG /wrists.

I'm not religious, but I think I'm going to start praying that isn't it. Screw it, I need to google how to make a voodoo dolls of Darlton to prevent this travesty.

Edit- Dogen will be in Jacks "alt" this week. If Dogen is playing with a baseball in Jacks "alt" then that could be proof it's the "alt" people bringing in things from reality to the island dream instead of the other way around. Oh sweet Jesus have mercy say it isn't so.
    Last edited by Ebenezer Grymm; 02-21-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Grymm View Post

A few seasons ago a rumor popped up on DarkUFO that the ending of Lost was that all of these characters were actually all people who had "lost" something and what we've seen on island was really their minds in an experimental group therapy session at a shrinks office. Kind of like the Wizard of Oz, how Dorothy projects people and things she knows from the real world into her dream of Oz.

I know, it sounds awful. But so did a long haired Asian man coming out of the temple. We all presumed it was future Jin, but apparently it was Dogen. The more I think about it, it kinda sounds plausible now as the way to tie these two together. God I hope that's not it. MIB and Jacob would be the shrinks. Oh lord please no. The numbers assigned to them would be their patient or appointment numbers or something. OMG /wrists.

I'm not religious, but I think I'm going to start praying that isn't it. Screw it, I need to google how to make a voodoo dolls of Darlton to prevent this travesty.

Edit- Dogen will be in Jacks "alt" this week. If Dogen is playing with a baseball in Jacks "alt" then that could be proof it's the "alt" people bringing in things from reality to the island dream instead of the other way around. Oh sweet Jesus have mercy say it isn't so.
    Good Lord that is TERRIBLE! If that happens I will burn my Lost dvds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Grymm View Post

I completely agree that is a terrible idea. And just the why you worded this post, made me laugh so damn hard lol

No no no noooooooo!! That is indeed terrible!!

I will become jaded forever if that happens! Please God.....dont let it be, DONT LET IT BE!!!!

When they said that the story would reunite one third into the season, they meant Ilana's team and Jack's team. Not the alt. They wouldn't give anything about the alt away.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by Strokedown View Post
    When they said that the story would reunite one third into the season, they meant Ilana's team and Jack's team. Not the alt. They wouldn't give anything about the alt away.
    No, im sure ive heard the quote that the two timelines will merge....but you could be right?,,,it may be wordplay and mean exactly what you say.

+ Reply to Thread