+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Red Jars in Jacob's Cabin

Down the street from Mittlelos Bioscience

At first I thought the jars are really history. However I recall that Egyptians stored the organs of dead people in jars to preserve them for the afterlife. Sure, they used clay jars, not mason jars... but maybe Jacob's or somebody's organ(s) is in one of them? Richard could have an organ or two in the jars- he's sort of immortal.
    Smocke is Badass
    Social Group

The Invisibul Dinasaur Hed is my constant.

Quote Originally Posted by In Portland View Post
    At first I thought the jars are really history. However I recall that Egyptians stored the organs of dead people in jars to preserve them for the afterlife. Sure, they used clay jars, not mason jars... but maybe Jacob's or somebody's organ(s) is in one of them? Richard could have an organ or two in the jars- he's sort of immortal.
    Good point there! This could be part of the whole ancient-Egypt connection, for sure!

I freaking love your sig, by the way, I laughed my ass off at it just now!

"Goodbye Goodyfresh, sorry I made your life so miserable. *jumps through wormhole*"
    --PaperKnives

Down the street from Mittlelos Bioscience

Quote Originally Posted by goodyfresh View Post
    Good point there! This could be part of the whole ancient-Egypt connection, for sure!

I freaking love your sig, by the way, I laughed my ass off at it just now!
    Wow thanks for your support for my theory and my sig!!

I'd be worried about them keeping in that heat there though.
    Last edited by In Portland; 02-11-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Smocke is Badass
    Social Group

The Invisibul Dinasaur Hed is my constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Did anyone else notice how Ben seemed very concerned about the glass jars filled with the red liquid (blood?) when the house was shaking. Seemed he was concerned they would smash and it was this which caused him to tell Jacob to stop.
    I finally sussed it out! Those cheeky monkeys at Bad Robot!

The red jars in “Jacob’s cabin”—they had us thinking about what was in them, when we should have been thinking about the jars themselves!

Those wily auteurs flipped an aphorism at us! Think about: when is a door not a door? When it is ajar! So flip it and you’ve got, “When is a jar not a jar?” “When it’s a door!”

We had 5 and1/2 doors to choose from in that scene, but no one called out the Monty Halls of series TV. What was behind those doors?

Let’s Make a Deal my tuckus!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilliganista! View Post
    I finally sussed it out! Those cheeky monkeys at Bad Robot!

The red jars in “Jacob’s cabin”—they had us thinking about what was in them, when we should have been thinking about the jars themselves!

Those wily auteurs flipped an aphorism at us! Think about: when is a door not a door? When it is ajar! So flip it and you’ve got, “When is a jar not a jar?” “When it’s a door!”

We had 5 and1/2 doors to choose from in that scene, but no one called out the Monty Halls of series TV. What was behind those doors?

Let’s Make a Deal my tuckus!
    So the answer to the question 'who broke the ash circle' must be either Charlie or Claire. Evidence: Charlie had an invisible jar of peanut butter that he offered to Claire. At first she was skeptical, but then she saw the jar was ajar and she went for it! It was Claire all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by LostINZ View Post
    So the answer to the question 'who broke the ash circle' must be either Charlie or Claire. Evidence: Charlie had an invisible jar of peanut butter that he offered to Claire. At first she was skeptical, but then she saw the jar was ajar and she went for it! It was Claire all the time!
    I think the line was broken the whole time, it was the Man in Black who was inhabiting the cabin. Who knows why he was using it for but it suited his purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by MilesSmiles View Post
    You all know the jars will never, ever be referenced in the show again, right?
    I was reminded of this thread the other day. Maybe you had to be there, but a thread started in 2007, rebooted in 2010, and still makes you think nine years later, now, that's some fun.

+ Reply to Thread