+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Producers Consult Time-Specializing Physicist

Default Lost Producers Consult Time-Specializing Physicist

According to Caltech physicist Sean Carroll's twitter, he's "talking to producers of LOST today." Carroll is known for his work on the arrow of time: understanding what time is and why it appears to flow in one direction.

He's been a recent object of media attention (for example, this February article from Wired) for his new book, From Eternity to Here.

Well I'm glad that they are speaking to people and that it will somehow make sense....maybe.
    Team Widmore

I'm not positive but I think this is borderline spoilerish territory. Granted, it doesn't reveal any specific plot points but it certainly gives a hint.

www.lostredux.com | All episodes reviewed, time to let go and move on. Farewell and thanks to the few positive fans left at Lostpedia!

Well.. I wonder what they are actually talking about....

I could see his twitter sending out a minor spoiler without realizing it in the near future after he has his chat... infact knowing that they are working on the last few eps and consulting this guy is kind of a spoiler..
    We'll make great pets...

What hint? They've already introduced time travel. Would that be a shocker to anyone?

A little late in the game anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by frefaln View Post
    I'm not positive but I think this is borderline spoilerish territory. Granted, it doesn't reveal any specific plot points but it certainly gives a hint.
    About what? That there's time travel in the show and the producers are having lunch with a physicist?

They needed advice on how to go back in time and fix all of the plot holes.

Quote Originally Posted by frefaln View Post
    I'm not positive but I think this is borderline spoilerish...
    Yeah, I thought of this. But most of the data in my original post is speculative; I'm the one drawing the connections to his time travel work. Carroll is a theoretical physicist in other areas, like dark matter and dark energy, modified gravity, topological defects, extra dimensions, and violations of fundamental symmetries. (link)

That the show deals with theoretical physics and time travel is no spoiler. One would hope the producers are getting consultation along these lines. I see Carroll's twitter post as a focus for speculation, not a hint of new things to come.

Of course, what matters is if forum readers here would feel spoiled. I defer to TPTB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Whispers View Post
    About what? That there's time travel in the show and the producers are having lunch with a physicist?
    No, just the possibility that it hints at what themes might be prominent in later episodes — particularly those who might be familiar with Sean Carroll's work. If they were "having lunch" with experts on the study of Atlantis, would you not consider that to be spoilerish?

Anyway, don't misread my tone. I'm not pointing fingers at the OP and certainly not upset. Just would rather be completely oblivious to any potential themes that are coming up.

www.lostredux.com | All episodes reviewed, time to let go and move on. Farewell and thanks to the few positive fans left at Lostpedia!

+ Reply to Thread