+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 6X08 "Recon" (Questions, Theories, Discussion)

Sawyer did not interviene with Kate because he wasn't supposed to be in austrailia but palm springs. He would have to reveal his ID and get involved which would get back to his office. Duh... But then again.. I was a cop so not to hard to figure that from this angle.

BTW, is THIS Widmore the Widmore from the Flash-Sideways, or the Widmore we've come to know and [ahem] love over these years?

...wondering, does anyone ever cross-over 'realities'? I know noone has any basis to answer, so really just putting the idea in everyone's head I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by m8o View Post
    Ok, well maybe not totally worthless? Maybe we're getting more and more confirmations that things keep repeating themselves on -- and off? -- the Island?

I'd been thinking for a long time it wasn't the 1st time, or 2nd time, or third time, that Eli / Hawking had led her life off the island and had an encounter with Dez. And numerous other things. And I'd also thought this pattern of a crazy momma kept occurring on the Island (tho, we didn't know of one in Eli's time, did we?). But, I don't really see any other "replication of characters" and patterns in behavior thru time with anything / anyone else.

...does any of this mean anything?
    I wonder too if anything Flocke said was true, or it was just him pitting Kate against Claire. He's able to look like a concerned, sympathetic figure and also convey that Kate should really not be letting Claire raise Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironylover View Post
    So... this confirms that Widmore is team Jacob? But what about when he finds that Ben is also team Jacob?
    Betch'ya Widmore is Team Widmore, not Team Jacob.

Quote Originally Posted by minimicrocosm View Post
    he probably let her go because everyone down at the police station would wonder how he caught her off a flight from australia when he was supposed to be in palm springs. He was probably just afraid to reveal anything about where he had really been/what he was doing.
    that, and he didn't become a cop to uphold the law; he became a cop to have more resources at his disposal to find Cooper/Sawyer. He's still the same Sawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by l9681 View Post
    Sawyer did not interviene with Kate because he wasn't supposed to be in austrailia but palm springs. He would have to reveal his ID and get involved which would get back to his office. Duh... But then again.. I was a cop so not to hard to figure that from this angle.
    He was just in an elevator. He was supposed to be in Florida. Couldn't he have arrested her when returning from "Florida". Also he was in the elevator with security. He could have stayed out of it completely and let them get her. Instead he assists her out.

I'm a little concerned about why no one is asking Flocke how he is both a man and a SMOKE MONSTER. If someone said to me, "Yeah, I'm that noisy, killer pillar of smoke sometimes. No big deal," I'd at least be curious.

Quote Originally Posted by m8o View Post
    Betch'ya Widmore is Team Widmore, not Team Jacob.
    That's what I was thinking.

Ok I've been trying to divide it. Tell me what you think.

Team Smokie:
    Claire
    Sayid
    Smokie
    Others

Team Jacob:
    Jack
    Sun
    Hurley
    Ilana
    Richard
    Miles
    Lapidus

Team I don't know:
    Widmore and his people

Their own team:
    Kate
    Sawyer

NOW-

Widmore... Bram told Miles that when Miles was working for Widmore, that Widmore was on the wrong team...

However, Widmore was the one that told Locke to gather the Oceanic six together. I thought this was the doing of Smokie. However, again, the fact that Widmore wants to kill Smokie... well that just contradicts that he's not on Smokie's side... thusly not on the wrong side... thusly Bram, who was definitely on Team Jacob, wasn't right? Wasn't Bram talking about the war? "We're the side that's going to win," or whatever.

Now perhaps at the time of the Kahana incident Widmore was just working on his own side apart from Smokie just to get the island and Ben, but why has he decided to kill Locke? The man who he sent to the island? Even if his likeness has been taken over by the smoke monster, why does he want to kill it if the smoke monster wants to leave? The monster doesn't want to to take over the island and stop Widmore... if Widmore just wanted the island for himself, he'd let Smokie go... but he's not, he wants to kill him. For Jacob?

PARADOX

-or not.

But seriously am I missing something?

There was more that was on my mind... but I'll remember...

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleeeee View Post
    That's what I was thinking.
    yeah i kinda think its Team Jacob, Team MiB and Team Widmore. 3 different sides.
    see you in another life brotha

+ Reply to Thread