+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LOST puzzle in Wired Mag - I need your help!

Default LOST puzzle in Wired Mag - I need your help!

Oh Lost, you are my both the best show on television and the bane of my existence.

If you read Wired magazine, then you have probably seen the article about lost. If you're very perceptive, you might have even noticed a new puzzle for us to solve!

It comes in two parts as far as i can tell, here's the first part: There are some quotes pertaining to the cultural influence of Lost scattered around the article. All are written in underlined text. In the underlines, however, there are little triangle shaped blips pointing up or down to certain letters. when you take all of these down, they spell the sentence "LIKE ME YOU'RE NOW". there are some peculiar things about this though: the sum of the differences between the page numbers of the quotes is 8. there are 15 letters and 16 characters and 4 words. see where im going? 4 8 15 16.... havent found 23 or 42 yet.

that was pretty easy, but here's the hard part: there is a dharma logo also in the article. in the middle, it looks like there is the Lighthouse (jacob's lighthouse?) done in a line drawing. the picture is broken by the word "DHAMAR". no i didnt type that wrong, it says "DHAMAR". in every one of the "bars" that surround the centre, there is a number, ranging from 4 to 125. I think that they could relate to the names on the wheel in the light house, because they all had numbers assigned to them. possibly using the first letter of the name to make words. This has worked a little bit, and i can make out the words "THE ISLAND IS" but nothing else yet. i'll make a scan and you guys can take a crack at it. here is a link to the full list of the names in the light house: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lighthouse.

I still have no idea what DHAMAR is, so im turning to you guys for some help.

Get cracking!

EDIT: A friend and i have figured out the dharma logo puzzle it says. here it is:
    Spoiler Below
    THE HEART OF THE ISLAND IS BEYOND THE BAMBOO
    have fun thinking of what that means!

EDIT #2
    here is the dharma logo with the numbers in it if you want to try your hand at solving it!
    Last edited by carfreak; 04-24-2010 at 04:42 AM.

I've avoided discussing the WIRED spread because I'm worried some of it may be Spoilery.

EDIT: A friend and i have figured out the dharma logo puzzle it says. here it is:
    Spoiler Below
    THE HEART OF THE ISLAND IS BEYOND THE BAMBOO

have fun thinking of what that means!
    All I've got is this:

Spoiler Below
    What the F*** DOES THAT MEAN?
    The wise know how to use time and space perfectly; they lead free and harmonious lives. Fools are enslaved by time and space; they are busy running around all day. Wise or foolish, the difference is obvious.

Thanks to Atarada for the sig!

now we've got a thread for this in ABC official material, non-ABC official material, and the major spoilers sections, lol.

I GOT IT!!!!

im going to put this in a spoiler just in case.

Spoiler Below
    the DHARMA symbol numbers come out to say "THE HEART OF THE ISLAND IS BEYOND THE BAMBOO". you know who woke up in a bamboo forest in the pilot episode? thats right: Jack. and if "heart of the island" refers to Jacob, that could mean that Jack will be Jacob's replacement!

now we just need to figure out what the heck "DHAMAR" is...

I think the heart of the Island beyond the bamboo is the pond with the waterfall, where Jack Kate and Hurley appeared from 316. Jack was in the bamboo when Hurley called for help.
    ☸ ☠ $

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Lost Lost Lost View Post
    I think the heart of the Island beyond the bamboo is the pond with the waterfall, where Jack Kate and Hurley appeared from 316. Jack was in the bamboo when Hurley called for help.
    Nice catch, but doesn't really change his point.

DHAMAR - sometimes Wikipedia is your friend? It's also a style of Indian music, though that seems to be going by another name, so I didn't bother including it. Interesting note: the past peoples of this place raised horses. *awaits inevitable Kate hate*
    The wise know how to use time and space perfectly; they lead free and harmonious lives. Fools are enslaved by time and space; they are busy running around all day. Wise or foolish, the difference is obvious.

Thanks to Atarada for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelikman View Post
    Nice catch, but doesn't really change his point.
    ya it doesnt change it, but it adds to it. I'm pretty sure that if this puzzle's answer (and my interpretation) holds true, then Jack will replace Jacob, and Desmond will fill the "Alpert" position, seeing as he currently transcends the two time lines and possesses some other unique properties. anyone else think this could be how things end up?

Nah the whole replacement business is a red herring

I was bored again, so I played around with anagrams. instead of "The heart of the island is beyond the bamboo", I got "The heart of the island is the boy named Boob" = the reason we haven't heard MiB's name yet.
    *awaits deafening silence as I'm sure no one else will find it funny*
    I have looked into the eye of this island, and what I saw was beautiful

+ Reply to Thread