+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Illana thought Lapidus might be canidate but??A very real question. Not being a hater

Thumbs up Illana thought Lapidus might be canidate but??A very real question. Not being a hater

Hello compadres and perdiphiles.
    Its finally happaned. After saying I would be faithful and just sit back and be mind blown by TPTB. I let my friend speak, and I wasn't even holding a dagger, but now I am on with him. Please let me know what this means.
    Early in Season 5, Bram car-naps Miles and basically says he should not use his gift to help Charlie Widemore. If he doesn't know what lies in the shadow of the statue, he shouldn't go to the island bc the wrong side will win.
    Then I believe in "Dead is dead" "Chesty" is getting off the outrigger and is told by a redshirt "Ilana and Bram found guns and are saying they are charge " soon after ILana ask Lapidus " what lies in shadow of statue" he looks confused admits he doesn't know and gets rifflebut-slapped and is told he going with them. Later Bram questions why Ilana is even keeping Lapidus around when he obviously doesn't know where the waldo ,Tarewet shadow lies and who/what is there. She says prohetically "he might be a canidate".
    Ok well we now know that What lies in shadow of statue is " ille qui nos serviat" which Ricardus knows ,even tho he isn't a canidate and says just cause Bramlana knows that" Doesn't make her in charge"

So a few questions about the question.
    Why does she ask lapidus this , but not any of our losties who she knows are the canidates per Jacob.
    Why did they let Miles continue to be around if he was on Widemoron s side. And also didn't know about the shady statue n and isn't even canidate ??
    Why would Iilana tell Bram that Lapidus might be a canidate when she was given a list of the 6???
    Anyone got a clue what I'm missing. I don't like the naysayers and rogue fans that are turning into the Dharma Beer Party demanding awnsers and holding up posters of Darlton with slogan " No time travel, without representation " and "Not Pennys Dad"
    Save me before I start boycotting Apollo bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlinks View Post
    Hello compadres and perdiphiles.
    What is a perdiphile? ------> is confused but will take it as another word for compadre.

Its finally happaned. After saying I would be faithful and just sit back and be mind blown by TPTB. I let my friend speak, and I wasn't even holding a dagger, but now I am on with him. Please let me know what this means.
    Early in Season 5, Bram car-naps Miles and basically says he should not use his gift to help Charlie Widemore. If he doesn't know what lies in the shadow of the statue, he shouldn't go to the island bc the wrong side will win.
    Then I believe in "Dead is dead" "Chesty" is getting off the outrigger and is told by a redshirt "Ilana and Bram found guns and are saying they are charge " soon after ILana ask Lapidus " what lies in shadow of statue" he looks confused admits he doesn't know and gets rifflebut-slapped and is told he going with them. Later Bram questions why Ilana is even keeping Lapidus around when he obviously doesn't know where the waldo ,Tarewet shadow lies and who/what is there. She says prohetically "he might be a canidate".
    Ok well we now know that What lies in shadow of statue is " ille qui nos serviat" which Ricardus knows ,even tho he isn't a canidate and says just cause Bramlana knows that" Doesn't make her in charge"

So a few questions about the question.
    Why does she ask lapidus this , but not any of our losties who she knows are the canidates per Jacob.
    Why did they let Miles continue to be around if he was on Widemoron s side. And also didn't know about the shady statue n and isn't even canidate ??
    Why would Iilana tell Bram that Lapidus might be a canidate when she was given a list of the 6???
    Hah, those are tough questions. I think the easy answer may be that she doesn't know as much as we think she knows. But I guess this just begs the question of why the heck not. As for letting Miles stick around, I didn't take Ilana to be a "shoot first ask questions later" type of gal. Heck, she let Ben stick around after finding out what he did, so she's kinda a softie for supposedly being such a tough mercenary. But as to why it would matter what side Miles is on, I don't think that it mattered since Widmore's creation of his own stake in the game didn't faze her since it really had nothing to do with her mission for Jacob, as far as I can tell.

Anyone got a clue what I'm missing. I don't like the naysayers and rogue fans that are turning into the Dharma Beer Party demanding awnsers and holding up posters of Darlton with slogan " No time travel, without representation " and "Not Pennys Dad"
    Save me before I start boycotting Apollo bars.
    Hmmmm..........

I always wondered that too. It was probably just to make us wonder what the hell candidates were until season 6 came around.

^^I think that's a pretty logical and spot on answer.

Quote Originally Posted by duffBOY View Post
    It was probably just to make us wonder what the hell candidates were until season 6 came around.
    This is exactly right.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

Quote Originally Posted by 123LostFan123 View Post
    What is a perdiphile? ------> is confused but will take it as another word for compadre.
    I think 'perdidos' means 'lost' in Spanish, so perdiphile = lost lover. (I'm just guessing)

Gosh! It makes me sad when I think about how cool it was in season 5 to have Lapidus around. And now he's just Mr. Oneliner, a better redshirt and I wish he would die already.

Ilana never says he's a candidate.

BRAM: Why'd we even bring this yahoo?
    ILANA: Because, we might need him.
    BRAM: For what? He didn't know the answer to the question.
    ILANA: That doesn't mean he's not important.
    BRAM: What, you think he's a candidate?
    ILANA: He's awake.

I think 'perdidos' means 'lost' in Spanish, so perdiphile = lost lover. (I'm just guessing)
    ^^^Ahhhh, I see. Thank you.

The things that get lost in translation . . . and wound up being found as something else.

Jacob probably told Ilana to bring Frank as well.

+ Reply to Thread