+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 6x15 Sneak Peek #1

Right, I knew she was on West Wing. And since I haven't ever seen that show, she's unknown to me, as I said.

What if the "throwback" bit is the full coversation the REAL Locke had in season one with Walt, after he says "Do you wanna know a secret?"

Why would his telling Walt that the island healed him be important for 6.15?

They show that scene in the sneek peak, so I thought it could've gone on to have Locke explain all the mysteries of the island to walt

"every question I answer will simply lead to another question...you should rest"

i feel like this is the producers talking to the audience, and sums this season up. they're not going to answer anything.

Quote Originally Posted by batdown View Post
    "every question I answer will simply lead to another question...you should rest"

i feel like this is the producers talking to the audience, and sums this season up. they're not going to answer anything.
    No, it just means they're going to answer what they need to tell the best story for the characters. What she's saying is just simply true for this show as a whole - every answer leads to more questions. "What's in the Hatch?" "A man who's been pushing a button to save the world." "Why?" "The DHARMA Initiative f**ked things up in 1977." "Why?" "Watch Season 5." etc etc. It just never ends. There's a point that you haven't answered enough and there's a point where you're using the Midichlorean Technique. I'm grateful that this show has stuck more with the former and less with the latter.
    The wise know how to use time and space perfectly; they lead free and harmonious lives. Fools are enslaved by time and space; they are busy running around all day. Wise or foolish, the difference is obvious.

Thanks to Atarada for the sig!

This season so far already refutes the crazy claim that they're not going to answer anything. What he said much more obviously means simply that the answers they give will not leave every question you might ask answered. That hardly means they won't answer anything. They already have answered quite a lot of questions, as I believe has been pointed out already in this thread, and spoilers indicate several questions yet to be answered that they will indeed answer.

im not so much concerned with answering questions like what are the whispers and wtf was the deal with the hurley bird - im more interested in knowing origins and motivations. I was really into the DI, and I wanted to know much, much more about hanso, pierre chang, and dharma than what we got. now they have gone in a different direction with the MIB/Jacob story, which is great, but I have a sinking feeling that they're not going to be explored or explained, and we're just supposed to buy the supposition that they are immortal, supernatural EVIL MAN and GOOD MAN, playing a game. I want to know what their specific origins are and why they are playing. "He is evil and needs to be contained, and the island is a cork, if he gets out OH NOES!" is just not going to cut it, for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelikman View Post
    No, it just means they're going to answer what they need to tell the best story for the characters. What she's saying is just simply true for this show as a whole - every answer leads to more questions. "What's in the Hatch?" "A man who's been pushing a button to save the world." "Why?" "The DHARMA Initiative f**ked things up in 1977." "Why?" "Watch Season 5." etc etc. It just never ends. There's a point that you haven't answered enough and there's a point where you're using the Midichlorean Technique. I'm grateful that this show has stuck more with the former and less with the latter.
    regarding the midiclorian technique, Star Wars never really posed questions about the force. Obi Wan explained it to Luke in A New Hope and the audience was just meant to accept that and just go with it. With Lost, I think they have purposely posed questions to the audience and either had no answers for them, or just decided to take the show in another direction. To me its not really the same thing. I'd prefer if some of the mysteries that they won't answer they just come out at the end of the show and say 'our bad'

I'm suprised noone said that this Woman that is pregnant is probably pregnant with Jacob and Smokey.

+ Reply to Thread