Closed Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51

Thread: Across The Sea : During the show Discussion and Chat

Originally Posted by paladin
    The gold light is the same light from the case in pulp fiction
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseKnows View Post
    I had the exact same thought, tho I'm watching an hour later.
    I bet it was also in the case in Ronin

Quote Originally Posted by bongzilla View Post
    So this is the same spring that fuels the Temple water? Can we infer that the Temple will someday be built over this magical spring?

Oy, my head hurts.

At least this episode has Vikings. That's cool.
    It would make sense that the temple is built over the spring

did the vikings speak Latin?

What do we know about the time frame

Quote Originally Posted by Wagx99 View Post
    this chic is an awful actor
    If your talking about Allison Janey I think she was a lot better when she had good writing

Quote Originally Posted by MilesSmiles View Post
    to those who say it sucks, quit LOST, I dare you, nope you can't do it
    And its hard not to look at a train wreck

Has anyone thought about:

1) How crazy mom said the exact same thing about people coming to the island as jacob's brother said on the beach when they saw the black rock coming in?

2) That morality (good vs. evil) has been pretty much eliminated from the story. Jacob is not good or evil incarnate, and neither is his brother. Jacob killed his brother because he thought he was getting revenge for his mother, but jacob's brother was killing his mother because of all the messed up stuff she did. she wanted to die, because she could have been "tricked" into becoming the immortal 'protector of the island' for who knows how long... and desperately wanted to die. Now Jacob is trying to find a replacement so he can die too. His soul can't move on until he finds his replacement... the crazy mom's soul was able to because she found her replacement (jacob).

THEREFORE

the game between jacob and his brother is really that they are both trying to get off the island. jacob is trying to get his replacement... and his brother is trying to go free... the evil acts they both do are for the purpose of achieving their own selfish end (getting off the island, or moving on).

3) How much this story of the history of the island resembles the Bible? (Jacob vs. Esau, garden of eden protected by angels, river of life [with wine to drink which resembles Christ's blood as the source of eternal life], the light which is in every man [God; John 1:4], fate vs. free will and the temptation to sin bringing evil into the world [the fall of mankind, Genesis 3---when smoke came out due to Jacob's choice]... I mean, Adam and Eve? For the Christian, alot of this episode made much more sense. It might be they are going for the 'personal interpretation' thing.. but it seems pretty similar to the Bible, with a few twists of course...

I think that Jack is going to get tricked into becoming the replacement for Jacob, but he will never be able to leave. The cycle will just continue...

Maybe the writers will try to appease both sides in some kind of cosmic compromise... somehow get jacob's replacement... but also let MiB leave???

All speculation..

Overall, great episode I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by uzerzero View Post
    @loranna238

I'm glad somebody else out there saw this episode as more than just a TV script. I too saw it as a chapter in a great novel. I'd love to see a real LOST book come out one day that told the story of the Island from the very beginning, possibly even answering some of the questions that will be unanswered at the end of the show.

Also, did anybody else find it odd that they are supposedly in the 1st century A.D., yet they go from speaking ancient Latin to modern English? I don't think it was just a plot device to keep the episode more engaging (I hated reading Spanish subtitles in Ab Aeterno) but indicative of something. Claudia seemed genuinely surprised that the other woman was speaking English. It's probably just another wild goose chase, but I thought it noteworthy.
    Totally agree with you and loranna! As far as the Latin/English switch, I too noticed the odd look the pregnant woman gave, but decided that the writers meant for the viewers to understand that the characters were speaking Latin but for the sake of the viewers (who quickly tire of subtitles) they "switched" to English.

Also. C.J. would have a far better island wardrobe.
    A lot is two words, my friends. Two. Separate. Words.
    Ghost of English teachers past
    Well, John, I just didn't have the time to talk you back into killing yourself.

Closed Thread