+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Did it seem like the island didn't matter in the end?

I think the island is still very important.

Jacob is key because he brought all of these people together. His desire for someone to keep his evil brother trapped on the island brought the 815ers to the island. On the island they went through some of the most epic decisions and battles in life and many of them proved themselves to be upstanding human beings.

Without the island and its mythology to drive these characters to act, there would have been nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kirk76 View Post
    Maybe I'm no being clear enough. Yes, the island might have been what connected these people, but in the end, the island itself held no significance. It just happened to be where all these people who are going to heaven together happened to meet. To me, that seems to go against the last 5.95 seasons of the show.
    Not really the island still needed protecting. Jack did and then Hurley did it.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic_1 View Post
    Disappointed with the lack of info on the island. You would think with all the speculation about the hieros, what the island was, the science people put into their theories, what was the statue, who built the temple/statue, etc etc etc that Darlton could have given us something.

I'm happy with the ending as far as charachter development for the losties goes...however they left out the "biggest" character of all....the island.

I almost feel that they decided to dumb it down for the general masses and left us hard core fans twisting in the wind.
    I don't think they were ever going to explain what the island was. It was way too big and complex of a mystery to answer satisfactorily. The best explanation is that it's a mysterious island where strange things happen, just like other mysterious places like the Sphinx, Bermuda Triangle, etc.

It just happened to be where all these people who are going to heaven together happened to meet.
    It's that simple to you?

Look at all the trials and tribulations the Losties went through in the past seasons. Look at how it made the characters grow. Without the island, you have the alt-scenario were everyone is just going through their boring daily lives. The island brought them together, and the island made these characters special in their own way and collectively as a group that grew up together. If that isn't significant enough, then I don't know what is.

What would've happened if Jack didn't put the cork in the hole back again? The island would sunk and then what?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesJeans View Post
    What would've happened if Jack didn't put the cork in the hole back again? The island would sunk and then what?
    The end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesJeans View Post
    The Island and the after life are completely separate. So they could have presumably all gone to "heaven" either way ....what a joke....
    He can hunt, he can track stuff, and he's the only one who brought knives. So if it were me, I'd listen to him

Quote Originally Posted by armlocks101 View Post
    the end of the world.
    we don"t know

It depends how you see life. If you know there's an afterlife, will you just throw your life on this world away?

Of course it mattered. It was everything to them, everything to Jack. It was the one thing he had. We are viewing this world in the context of what it means to our losties, mainly Jack. Did it have to be saved for all humanity, no. Did Jack's journey and his soul need him to do it, yes.

"You've got ink on your forehead."
    "I'm not even in front!"
    Team Jacob
    ☮ ❤
    I saw a Fraggle.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/18/to...-jacob-smokey/ <---brilliant (Mark & Titus on Totally Lost)

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic_1 View Post
    Disappointed with the lack of info on the island. You would think with all the speculation about the hieros, what the island was, the science people put into their theories, what was the statue, who built the temple/statue, etc etc etc that Darlton could have given us something.

I'm happy with the ending as far as charachter development for the losties goes...however they left out the "biggest" character of all....the island.

I almost feel that they decided to dumb it down for the general masses and left us hard core fans twisting in the wind.
    That only exists on the Internet. The show was never about the mysteries - it was about the characters. It was about the story. The only place that these theories exist is on the Internet.

So, I guess the answer is "Deal with it."

+ Reply to Thread