+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This place that we all made together, a celebration of all things Lostpedia.

Smile This place that we all made together, a celebration of all things Lostpedia.

I have noticed a few of you guys asking questions about the inside jokes and popular threads etc in here lately and thought this would be the perfect time to create this thread that Ive been toying with for a while now.

I hope that many of you (particularly you Gilli ) will contribute in with your own tidbits to make this thread a sort of 'Lostpedia: The Best of' - anything that comes to mind when you think of Lostpedia, be it a thread, a user or an 'inside joke' that you have stuff to share about is welcome.

Firstly let me take ths oppurtunity to thank our Mods, this place breaks the mould when it comes to online forums (it was my first that I am active in but I havent found any that come close since, despite looking) and this is down to them as much as anyone, they are always impartial and helpful and (as far as I have seen) only ever take the hard line in extreme cases (where the average user would expect them to anyway). Also, MODs, if you have an easy way to contribute a few statistics (first thread in MF, first member to hit 'x' status etc etc - hope you get the jist!) I would absolutely love that, or even a little story about how this developed into what it is today.

My next thanks goes to Gilliganista, the guy is the Lostpedia Oracle and he has somehow managed to stay clear of the god-complex despite being treat like the LP Wiki for as long as I can remember (by me too, sorry Gilli! )

And to those of you who have commented in the 'inside jokes' thread and the 'OT more than MF' thread along the lines of 'its an inner circle that you just dont feel part of' well you couldnt be more wrong, I joined (after years of lurking) only this year myself yet have managed to become a part of anything that has interested me in here - its the funny's yo! Anyone is welcome!!

Anyways Ill start with a few of my own personal highlights and hope you all can add, maybe some of these wonderful threads (the ones that arent locked at least!) will get a new lease of life off the back of this
    Last edited by The Good Guy; 11-09-2010 at 05:42 PM.
    That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.

Sooooooo, onto the threads, and first the funny's...

Dinasaur Head On Lost

Im not going to say much on this as its already being discussed in the other threads right now and in any case I feel that our Gilli should have that honour - and in fact he has this thread designed for such purposes of hed initiation and interaction. Needless to say its the highlight of Lostpedia in terms of member interaction, longevity and downright funnyness.
    Heres one of mine;

yeah well, he who smelt it dealt it Jack

The ultimate jackface
    Surely needs no introduction either..
    Quote Originally Posted by Atarada View Post

Ban Faradayallday
    this was started by a guy who simply wanted to, as the title says, ban our faradayallday from Lostpedia, needless to say that it sooned got derailed into all sorts of funny, (un)fortunately faradayallday is still around....got mad love for ya really FAD you know that....
    Heres a snippet:
    Quote Originally Posted by Faradayallday View Post
    I couldn't have banned it better myself. It brings a ban to my eye. Someone pass me a ban...dana.
    Where Did The Compass Come From
    Now you need not read very far to get the jist of this one, the OP includes a spelling mistake for Compass which is just funny sounding, and so it goes...
    Quote Originally Posted by frefaln View Post
    I'm not a spelling nazi by any means friend, but I believe the word you're looking for is "compass". Here's the wiki page on it: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Compass
    Cumpus sounds like a condition that requires immediate attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezedawgg View Post
    Meanwhile In Another Timeline
    Some of the funnies single caps ever in here, basically pics of Losties in other projects....
    Quote Originally Posted by BenWantsIcedTea View Post
    Fox and Nestor in Smokin' Aces

Nestor in Tick

Terry in The Stepfather

Emerson in Zorro

The fierce debates.....

New Interpretations of the Beach Conversation
    Snippet;
    Quote Originally Posted by spork-girl View Post
    MIB: How did [this new batch of test subjects] find the island?

JACOB: You'll have to ask them when they get here.

MIB: I don't have to ask. You brought them here. Still trying to prove me wrong? [I believe this place is too dangerous to keep up these tests.]

JACOB: You are wrong.

MIB: Am I? [The people you bring for your experiments] come, they fight, they destroy, they corrupt. [Your tests] always ends the same [The island almost falls into the wrong hands and you have to purge your newest batch of test subjects. You should knock it off and sink it. This place isn't worth it].

JACOB: [My test] only ends once [and until then, you're my slave.] Anything before that is just progress [I'm still gathering data and human capital is not really high on my priorities, so I will keep on keepin on, thanks].

MIB: Do you have any idea how badly I want to kill you?

Reasons why SMOKEY is the 'Light' side of the Game
    Snippet;
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestyk View Post
    How about this for an ending with Jacob ending up as the villain?

Each candidate gets crossed off the list as the season goes on until only Jack remains. Jacob isn't really dead, he's just being re-generated in some way(he was the boy in the jungle, but after being killed by Ben, it takes a certain amount of time for him to return to his full capacity, its only during this time that MiB has a chance to get off the island). So with Jack remaining as the lone candidate, he has a showdown with MiB where he gets tempted to go to MiB's side. He refuses and uses Dogen's knife to stab and kill MiB(only the one true candidate can kill MiB). Next we see that Jacob has returned to his normal form. He informs Jack that he is to be the new Jacob. Jack doesn't want to be the new Jacob however and refuses. Jacob continues to explain that its the way its supposed to be, but Jack still refuses. Jacob gets really angry and puts his hands on Jack and tells him it wasn't supposed to end this way...Jacob is stuck being the protector of the island...Jack...becomes the new Smoke Monster.

This reveals how it all happened in a similar fashion once before and the reason why MiB/Wallace hates Jacob. Only thing is I don't know how this ties into the flash sideways.

What do you think?
    OK its pretty obvious that MIB is NOT the good side
    Snippet;
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintACK View Post
    Yeah... but Jacob isn't sounding particularly noble, either.

That bargain he offered Dogen is reminiscent of the one Ben offered Juliet --- that her sister would die unless she agreed to stay on the Island indefinitely.

That said....

Yeah. Flocke is indeed evil.

And I do *not* believe that he's taking those folks home.

Confused about WHH
    Snippet;
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesSmiles View Post
    Going back to my very first post-finale theory... I think the bomb goes off, and the 77ers flash away.

Now I can add to it via:

Darlton have said, every time they flashed it was based off 'important events in their lives'. Flashing off the plane to 77 seems to be important IMO, important because they cause the incident they eventually tried to stop. The moment Juliet made the bomb go off, they'd completed what they were there to complete, and hence were 'no longer needed' in 77 and time flash again. I think this is SUPER simple and SUPER reasonable. It's not assuming a ton, it's not asking a lot to be understandable, and it seems to follow the idea that Darlton presented about why they went to certain times.

[What happens to the Swan: Presumably the explosion ruptures the matter, necessitating that it be vented every 108 minutes. Since the Swan was at least minimally functional (I will laugh if you say it wasn't; why would Radzinsky drill if he didn't have the ability to contain it???) I think the button protocol would have to have been put into effect right about then. I think initially it was set up to manually vent the energy for it to be contained/studied. So the switch over wouldn't have been a big deal, aside from it not going the way they planned. It ends up being a prison rather than a research station.]
    ALT is actually a continuation of season 6 finale
    Snippet;
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinchenzo55 View Post
    I actually did think it after reading this post in the episode discussion by Sox Girl.

What if what happens is the final battle becomes all about defeating smokey and Jack is ultimately responsible. for submerging the entire island underwater, meaning that the island we see in the AR is how the island will look once the season has ended. The reason I think that is, for a few reasons, and I'll give them as follows as I've picked up a couple of things rewatching the airplane scenes.

Jack knows straight away and is shocked to find he is on the plane at the beginning. Furthermore, when he looks at his reflection he is shocked at how much he has changed.

Just before the last scene, Sawyer says "You did this!" Then it cuts to the last plane scene. While Sawyer is referring to Juliet, what if it is a nod from tptb are hinting he is also saying you did this...aka, you caused us to be back on the plane.

Also Charlie said "shoulda let that happen man, I was supposed to die". What if he was referring to saving people on the island as he would have preferred to have remained dead?

The only problem with the theory is that it seems to fall apart when Jack and Locke meet in the baggage area and they introduce each other. The other times it seems like the ocean 6 minus aaron, Locke, Charlie and Rose, all know what has happened. Also Locke's story to Boone seemed to suggest he got a different outback experience to what he was expecting. Also, if this theory is true, I don't get why Boone and Artz doesn't seem to know anything, yet the rest do.

Still a touching end, and if it does appear to be the end of the finale, then I would think everyone would remember what's happened on the island.

Great idea for a thread .

Good times...

Daniel Faraday RIP
    1977-1977

Quote Originally Posted by GarryWills View Post
    Lost is my favorite show. All the seasons are very good. Thanks for the links.

Quote Originally Posted by indy42 View Post
    Great idea for a thread .

Good times...
    Thanks Indy Im really interested to see if the MODs contribute with some stats.....

This is a great idea for a thread TGG! I once tried to go to a forum, when I joined I was insulted so horribly for no reason that I quit, and it took me like a year to go back onto the internet..... But this place is full of great people!

Sorry that was a little Off-Topic

The I've Just Became Protector Of A Light Thread Thread is the only "Joke" thread I've actually read the whole way through so that has to get a mention. (By "Joke" Thread I mean a thread that started out with something casual and turned into a "Lostpedia Only" Meme. E.G. Dinasar hed started as a theory with bad spelling, The Ultimate JackFace started with a screen cap, and this started with a joke)It's probably the funniest thread in my opinion. And it is the only thread that I like to edit photos for. I also think this picture I made sums it up pretty well:

Yeah so I just had to give a shout out to the I've Just Became Protector Of A Light Thread
    Last edited by GrinningTurtle; 11-07-2010 at 02:51 PM.
    Jas Is Dancing For Rum Tum Tugger!

Old Signatures: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningTurtle View Post
    This is a great idea for a thread TGG! I once tried to go to a forum, when I joined I was insulted so horribly for no reason that I quit, and it took me like a year to go back onto the internet..... But this place is full of great people!

Sorry that was a little Off-Topic

The I've Just Become Protector Of A Light Thread is the only "Joke" thread I've actually read the whole way through so that has to get a mention. (By "Joke" Thread I mean a thread that started out with something casual and turned into a "Lostpedia Only" Meme. E.G. Dinasar hed started as a theory with bad spelling, The Ultimate JackFace started with a screen cap, and this started with a joke)It's probably the funniest thread in my opinion. And it is the only thread that I like to edit photos for. I also think this picture I made sums it up pretty well:

Yeah so I just had to give a shout out to the I Just Became Protector Of A Light Thread
    Nah that was completely on topic GT

One of my favorite threads ever is "Anybody notice MiB "bleed" in The Candidate?". I was entertained by reading all those discussions on a split-second 3-frame shot that most people didn't even notice. It reads like a JFK conspiracy theory, with all those diagrams and theories about the water reflecting and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by valenzetti_FTW View Post
    One of my favorite threads ever is "Anybody notice MiB "bleed" in The Candidate?". I was entertained by reading all those discussions on a split-second 3-frame shot that most people didn't even notice. It reads like a JFK conspiracy theory, with all those diagrams and theories about the water reflecting and whatnot.
    And this, I would say, encapsulates the LOSTPEDIA mentality in a nutshell

what this thread is lacking is something pleasant, flattering, and made of cashmere:

So, Who's "Lavender Sweater Lady" ??

+ Reply to Thread