+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bates Motel thread

Default Bates Motel thread

Ok, i searched a couple minutes, seems like it's mentioned in other threads i guess but there's no actual BM Thread. YAY.

I've watched it slowly over the past month or two, and i'm up to the S3 finale (which just aired earlier this week). I don't think i'll watch it quite yet, maybe i can wait til later tonight after the Dodger game. I mean, i like it in general, i like how it's shot, i like the locale (I always dig it when it rains and is cloudy a lot). 10 episodes per season doesn't seem too long nor too short (with almost every show out there, people usually complain one way or another their show is too long or too short). I like all the characters (or at least, don't hate any characters as a character, not that i can think of, though, the gunrunner mountain man irritates me). the story is pretty crazy, and never really predictable imo. But i've never really been in any discussions on it yet so i oly have what i've thought about it and almost no outside thoughts on it whatsoever.

But also i can gather it's not been popular enough here to even have a thread after 3 seasons, so I guess i'll let it die if people don't want to discuss it haha.
    Last edited by MilesSmiles; 05-15-2015 at 09:59 PM.
    name one other person you know that has a functioning chainsaw arm

I feel like a whisper. =( no one can hear/understand me haha.

Hi there! I do really like Bates Motel. The characters are a lot of fun, and Freddie Higmore and Vera Farmiga are just amazing in their roles. The show is crazy and over the top, but it doesn't take itself too seriously either. Have to say, I usually don't like the "big bad" storylines that feel like they have nothing to do with Norman himself. I get that the town started out as a metaphor for Norman's state of mind (peaceful on the outside, crazy on the inside) (seriously, it's a metaphor!), but the villains this show has aren't that interesting most of the time. Bob Paris was a lot better than the drug twins, though.

Season 3 seemed a bit slower, and had a bit too much of Caleb, but I did enjoy seeing Normango up against his mother for once. He really is getting scary and unpredictable, and it's awesome.

I'll probably rewatch at some point, and pay closer attention, now that i know what happens.

I somehow find myself liking caleb, at first i was like 'ugh get this guy outta here' and hated seeing him and how he kept popping up and sticking around. but yea somehow, i almost like him now, and i do believe he's sorry for what he'd done to norma. Romero is a badass. he's crazy, he just blasts people, no hesitation haha. no idea how even the town sheriff would have gotten away with killing that guy in the hostpital parking garage. there would have been cameras all over that place. strangely; no one would have that problem if it took place in the 50's/60's, like i originally thought the show was supposed to be lol.

Not sure how I feel about Caleb. I hated him at first for being the terrible marshal from Dexter, but he's okay. It's just strange how they were treating that storyline in season 3; like they were trying to say ''so yeah, he raped Norma, but he's sorry about it and it's all good now''. The flashbacks helped, but I'm still not entirely sure how that all went down.

Romero is a badass! No denying that. BUT (sorry) it's lame how he gets to kill all the bad guys in the last episode of the season, with no mention of them ever again.

There was a burning question i had from season 1. A, i totes thought they were going to go into the creepy cabin in the woods that they found. all it was was a lead to the pot farm. =\ B. what happened to the asian sex slave that ran into the woods? I [I]think[I] Shelby said he killed her, or someone said they killed her. we just never saw anything. and that seemed weird. maybe because it was way earlier, and i didn't realize yet how fast (and how final, usually) the show concludes it's storylines. here i'm thinking what a character might be like in a hypothetical season 4 or something, and boom, they are killed. i guess that's not a bad thing.

Dylan might be my favorite character, aside from Romero. Norma and Norman are both wack as hell lol. but they are great. Emma's cool too. 'the family'.

I wonder if Norman will kill Norma at the end of the show, or just at a certain point with the show continuing w/o her (or, real norma dead and imaginary Norma still there). i.e. would they do the storyline from the movie, with an outside character coming in, the shower murder, the weird embezzelment thing she was doing. the car getting pulled up, etc..

The girl ran off and never returned. I'm pretty sure her fate was left ambiguous, and nothing really seemed to suggest that Shelby had killed her. That storyline always seemd a bit off IMO.

I'm wondering the same thing! Where the show will end... I think it will be the last episode when Norma kills his mother (along with Romero, who I think will be the ''boyfriend'' mentioned in Psycho), or a few episodes before. The producers are so in love with Farmiga, I think they won't do the show without her, so she would either die in the finale or appear as a ghost in the last episodes.

I read that Bradley's license plate was actually the same as the woman's who showed up in the movie. Her fate is pretty similar as well, obviously, with the car ending up in the lake. Love those subtle reference, especially when the last shot of season 2 mirrored the ending of the movie.

Not that this is relevant, but I'm 99% sure Bradley's car was a 69-71-ish Plymoth Valiant. I once owned a 67 and have owned a 1962 Valiant since 2001. =)

I love BM!! I really thought Bradley was a product of Norman's fucked up imagination until he actually killed her... I like Dylan but I couldn't care less about Caleb's storyline. And I love Romero, such a badass!!

I wonder if Norman will kill Norma and Romero at the end of the show, too. I think that would be very interesting... and very disturbing. I like the idea of real Norma dead and imaginary Norma still there

In Psycho did they actually say that Norman had killed his mom? Or just that he stuffed her like his animals after she died? Come to think of it she didn't look stuffed in the scene where the woman finds her body in the basement at the end... she just looked shriveled up. They might take some liberties with this in BM and it may not turn out exactly the way people expect.
    Conformity of purpose will be achieved through the mutual satisfaction of requirements.

+ Reply to Thread