+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The LP Catch-Up Thread

Corner office of Sterling, Cooper, Draper, & Pryce

Yeah, far be it from me, a once-moderator of a forum dedicated to a television show, to look down upon excessive fandom...but geez. I don't think I've experienced any single episode more than 4 or 5 times.

just started a rewatch to kill time on commute to and from work this week... the white rabbit discussion with jack/locke was a high point. aside from the obvious foreshadowing and all of that, i dig the subtle pauses and glances throughout the scene. its really well done. these are the kinds of things i appreciate this time through.

reference

*huggles DRD*

I live in Canada :O
    LPedians-For-A-Cure-For-LinkitisFoundation

I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor
    Thanks Kitty and Curby

INAPC
    Dave
    Wears a pink blindfold for RSF

Quote Originally Posted by shirinma83 View Post
    *huggles DRD*

I live in Canada :O
    *huggles back*

I thought I'd read somewhere (FB I guess) that you were up North now. Miss you over at the Chez... Glad you dropped by and are doing well I hope! Sure miss chatting with you like we did back in the old days!

Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post
    just started a rewatch to kill time on commute to and from work this week... the white rabbit discussion with jack/locke was a high point. aside from the obvious foreshadowing and all of that, i dig the subtle pauses and glances throughout the scene. its really well done. these are the kinds of things i appreciate this time through.

reference
    That is a great scene...gah...now I'm going to go home and watch that tonight. "A leader can't lead until he knows where he is going." Classic Locke.

idk how i ever actually cared about boones death cause hes such an irritating sjw that just about everyone at some point punches him in the face or just outright undermines anything he has to say. perhaps his time with locke makes him tolerable, although that just came about on my rewatch so ill see.

i also never really dug claire and her island baby and charlies pining, but theres a really wonky gap in story telling i guess i didnt care to notice back in the day. like she gets kidnapped and everyone wants to put on their cape and help for all of like one day before giving up. locke and boone stare at the hatch for a week, and use the cover story that theyre hunting boar. seems like had they insisted they were looking for claire theyd have an alibi without having to bs everyone about what they were doing and would alleviate the following... kate immediately goes to pick fruit and then takes a waterfall dip with sawyer and they fight over a briefcase which jack ultimately gains posession of. and then kate starts a garden with sun. michael who was kicked out of the search party decides to build a raft. sayid being a soldier decides to decipher french ramblings with shannon. and all the while charlie isnt busting balls about looking for her? i suppose if locke and boone were "looking for claire" some of these people would tag along and discover the secret hatch though. OR what would be infinitely worse for story purposes... had multiple people tagged along and searched the hatch area theyd find a well used trail leading right to a back door less than 100 feet away which they could knock on and see whos home

that's one thing that bugs me about a rewatch, the hatch back door. locke is so obsessed with the hatch he can't seem to find a door behind some vines somewhere very closeby...
    name one other person you know that has a functioning chainsaw arm

it is a pretty glaring plot convenience isnt it?

theres plenty that bugs me...
    lo and behold, claire returns stumbling out of the jungle and now everyone is concerned. why would the losties all band together to protect claire now? where was this altrustic solidarity when a pregger lady got yoinked? also it didnt sit well with me how quick ethan got dealt with. he has this awesome menacing build up of crawling under the wire and breaking scott/steve into pieces and is smited in turn within a days time. i suppose having a voorhees in the jungle picking off campers is a bit much... then again, the monster hasnt bludgeoned anyone recently either and they made it work so i digress. it just seemed a bit rushed and while the prospect of others in the jungle is still exists, having ethan as a face to that ominous back drop for now would have been better served imo

mind you these are hindsight gripes. the story worked well on a weekly episodic medium where you had some time to take it all in. also if this show was on hbo thered by a lot more sex, these peeps have been on a tropical island for a month with almost no entertainment outlets so... kate comes off prudish having 3 dudes obviously dig her with nothing to show for it. charlie moves on to hitting on shannon and then claire. but kate actually teases jack about checking her out sometime earlier in the season and jack clammed up and didnt seal the deal so ill give her a pass. but why not sawyer? she doesnt hate the guy, she just wants to hate the bad boy bullshit, and she knows it bs although he never admits as much to her or anyone for the matter. but does any of that matter when looking for a partner to have sport sex for fun? granted it does happen eventually, but like i said its been over a month already, and this isnt like normal dating where you see eachother a couple nights of the week kind of thing, theyre around each other almost all of that time.

anyhow, nobody cares about my thoughts on the rewatch i assume. but i am enjoying it all over again right now.

kind of lost related - i did date a junkie for about a month recently. kind of a mix between charlie and jack cause shed smoke pills. silly me just figured her crazy mood swings were of the normal schizo women variety, but nope. in her defense when she was "balanced" she was a joy to be around, but when she wasnt...
    i found this out a couple weeks in and then spent the next few weeks trying to taper her off, but i suppose i wasnt emotionally invested enough to have the patience to deal with it, so i cut her off.

I just realized that I've lived in 4 different states since LOST: New York when it was on/ended, then New Jersey, then Texas, now Delaware.
    Thanks, Barney!

Thanks, LC!

Bet you didn’t see that one coming. Chuck Norris can bite me.

AD <3 LoRab <3 AD

+ Reply to Thread