+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it sad when...

Default Is it sad when...

...you are so desperate to relive LOST in any way possible...that you search for old podcasts on iTunes, ones which are gearing up for finales and such? I feel like a total loser right now. But it's awesome to 'member from time to time, I have to admit.

Corner office of Sterling, Cooper, Draper, & Pryce

Give The Good Place a try. Some similarities to Lost, it'll make you smile, and Michael Shur (creator) consulted Damon Lindelof before filming about how to handle mythos.

I still listen to the audio podcasts, even all these years later.

You've heard of people who do a re-watch of their favorite show? Well, a couple of years ago, I did a Lost re-listen, where I listened to one audio podcast a week, chronologically, from beginning to end. Starting with season two, all the way until the near conclusion of season six.

That was a lot of fun. I would listen to them in my car on my way to work, and then finish them off on my way home from work. I have no shame in listening to ten-year-old Lost podcasts with that patented Darlton banter!

I’ve never done a podcast listen at all. I am in my 6th rewatch (7th viewing overall) of the series and it will probably be my last for a while. I will probably stop completely at 8, because, you know, 8. I am worried that LOST will fade the way other things have faded. I remember shows growing up that I thought were incredible and years later they have not aged as well. Cheers, M*A*S H, Friends, X-Files etc. I don’t want that to happen to LOST, but I wonder if it is inevitable.

Maybe a podcast listen would revive my enthusiasm at that time.
    "It wasn't all misery."

"Enough of it was."

Corner office of Sterling, Cooper, Draper, & Pryce

Quote Originally Posted by Mittelosian View Post
    I remember shows growing up that I thought were incredible and years later they have not aged as well. Cheers, M*A*S H, Friends, X-Files etc. I don’t want that to happen to LOST, but I wonder if it is inevitable.
    Usually what ages a show poorly, to me, is the environment changing, style, and dialogue. Since Lost doesn't occur in "the real world"...which is to say a deserted island is going to look the same then as it will in 20 years...it's not going to feel as dated from an environmental perspective. Maybe not from a fashion/style perspective either. It's not like people were out getting "Kate cuts" like they did with Rachel in Friends. And the story (convoluted as it was) is fairly timeless. Very little references to other contemporary events that I recall other than maybe Sayid's Iraqi story.

I think it'll age quite well compared to the others you've mentioned.

Yeah, I do that too. And also go through the "Live Threads" on Lost-Forum and on The Fuselage. Nice to hear the reactions everyone felt during their first viewing.

I am gonna do a full rewatch this summer before the Lost fan gathering in Hawaii in October.

+ Reply to Thread