+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how many people immediately saw through the first flash-forward?

They also did that with "Canton Rainier" in season 5 for "reincarnation".

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Verdansky View Post
    They also did that with "Canton Rainier" in season 5 for "reincarnation".
    heh, which was nothing but a mislead for the 'astute' viewers who put in years of research trying to crack the code. for all lost's 'hidden hints' that fans decoded -- that literally ended up meaningless to the plot or mythology -- i'm a lot more glad i wasn't into the show from the beginning-beginning. =)
    name one other person you know that has a functioning chainsaw arm

I thought it simply hinted at John's "reincarnation" as MIB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Verdansky View Post
    I thought it simply hinted at John's "reincarnation" as MIB.
    true, but that's what i mean. it was a trick as we were tricked, no one was *actually* reincarnated, we came to find. =) MIB simply used the powers we were aware of ~S3 (with yemi)
    name one other person you know that has a functioning chainsaw arm

I saw it rite off. In fact I figured out that they were in 'purgatory' on the island early on as well.

I had no idea what was going on, I was assuming they were still flashbacks because the idea of a flash forward didn't even enter my head till it was actually revealed.

"One day it's fate, the next day it's free will."

When you look at some live threads, like they have on Lost-Forum or TheFuselage, you can see some viewer with a sharp eye guessing correctly on the flash-forward before it happens.

I didn't guess it, and I actually completely misinterpreted it. I think I misheard a line or two in the end, because I thought this was a flashback in an alternate timeline where Kate and Jack knew each other. In the veins of Demond going back to 1996, that somehow it happened to Jack and Kate. When Jack said he had been flying a lot, I thought immediately back to his flying lessons. I have no idea why I overly complicated the whole thing, my mind was spinning. At first I thought Part 1 would be flashbacks and Part 2 would be on-island flashbacks (when he was with The Others, before starting to play football with Mr. Friendly). When the finale ended, I had to re-watch the last scene one more time to get a better grasp of it and actually PAY attention to the dialogue.

+ Reply to Thread