+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SW 8 trailer tonight

Default SW 8 trailer tonight

I hear it's showing tonight. I saw an article about this and went down, lol, to the comments...

basically i feel the last couple months all the stories on Star Wars i've seen have been about shitting on it, + the comments for those posts/threads/articles whatever. I don't participate in those comments, but it still strikes me in an odd way. if there are all these people who hate Star Wars now -- as if the people complaining The Prequels Ruined Star Wars weren't bad enough, even if they were right -- why are they still watching it? if TFA was just a rehash of ANH, and if they feel TLJ is going to be a rehash of ESB (which sounds perfectly fine to me tbh) why are they still... fucking... paying attention to it?

supposedly that's not a fair question, because of fights we've had here about LOST: "people can still be a fan but think it's shitty", but we're adults here. it's not productive. you know that when something isn't interesting to you any more, you are supposed to move on and forget about it. Maybe watch it, maybe dislike it, that's aaaallllllllll fine. there's plenty of valid criticism for these movies... that's not the issue. going to places you know the fans are discussing it and doing NOTHING but saying it's terrible and completely unworthwhile? you aren't supposed to cling to it out of spite, shit all over it, and then expose yourself to more of it, and shit all over it again, etc. again, there is legitimate criticism, but 'hurr, it a rehash' is only valid for so much. 'but they brought up questions and didn't answer them'. congratulations, that's how trilogies work. etc.

whatever, this probably isn't a strong argument, but i'm just really sick and tired of 'troll culture'. where people are into things to be shitty to it and it's fans and waste their time disliking something and shitting on it than doing something like enjoying something for once and talking about THAT. it's tiring. and i'm getting old. =) even I don't have that much time to spend hating on something. I'll hate and troll a little, but like .1% of the level i'm talking about here. =)
    Last edited by MilesSmiles; 10-09-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    name one other person you know that has a functioning chainsaw arm

ah nevermind this. haha. let's talk about the trailer when it comes out though lol.

I guess he was right. Rian Johnson warned people not to watch the trailer, he didn't say "because it revealed too much", but IT TOTALLY REVEALED TOO MUCH. At least 2 MAJOR plot lines, yikes.

+ Reply to Thread