+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reetae in depth review of LOST

Cool Reetae in depth review of LOST

This is a comprehensive review of the series that is dedicated to explaining why the ending doesn't work at all. It doesn't jump immediately on that point though. It first analyses each season, measuring the good and bad, to create points that eventually form his premise in the final video.

Warning: the first videos start at 15 mins long and each eventually gets longer until the final one is 3 hours long. It's a hell of a thing to binge watch a review of a tv series, but think of this as something akin to Red Letter Media's criticism of the Star Wars prequel - without the extreme bile and racial/ misogynistic "humour". It is well researched, humourous and strong spirited without being mean spirited.

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_DG...fwybpdUwb4u-KI

I watched some of the final video and it made me very, very angry. It encapsulates so much of what I find distressing about people who hated the ending -- overly focused on the writers themselves and comments they made, emphasis on mystery over character, and complete disregarding of emotional arcs.

Daniel Faraday RIP
    1977-1977

Quote Originally Posted by GarryWills View Post
    Lost is my favorite show. All the seasons are very good. Thanks for the links.

less than 60 seconds into the 1st video the guy is faux-crying about how bad the ending of the show is.

oh i get it, people didn't like the ending? oh, this is news to me.

more: it's hard to write and produce a network TV show. he seems to think it's as easy as just telling the people the truth about things. things change either in writer's rooms or in people's/actor's lives. haha even within the 1st vid i almost want to do a debunking of all his retarded comments.
    Last edited by MilesSmiles; 10-27-2017 at 09:53 PM.
    name one other person you know that has a functioning chainsaw arm

Quote Originally Posted by MilesSmiles View Post
    less than 60 seconds into the 1st video the guy is faux-crying about how bad the ending of the show is.

oh i get it, people didn't like the ending? oh, this is news to me.

more: it's hard to write and produce a network TV show. he seems to think it's as easy as just telling the people the truth about things. things change either in writer's rooms or in people's/actor's lives. haha even within the 1st vid i almost want to do a debunking of all his retarded comments.
    We should crowd-source a thorough debunking of all of this idiot's comments.

Daniel Faraday RIP
    1977-1977

Quote Originally Posted by GarryWills View Post
    Lost is my favorite show. All the seasons are very good. Thanks for the links.

Yea, I couldn't watch. I'm happy with the show overall.

"One day it's fate, the next day it's free will."

Loved the ending as well! But then again maybe we're not the most un-biased group :-)

<3 shirin <3
    من شیرین را دوست دارم

"There is nothing now, or ever has been, in this galaxy, or any other universes, both tangible and parallel, that could ever come within a 6 inch pole of being compared to, or uttered in the same sentence, as the majestic perfectedness that is MMJ" - LoG

What's interesting about this review is that it in itself is formatted like a tv serial. The first 7 videos are basically episodes that build up conclusions that are used as points in the 8th episode when he finally tackles the final episode, to show that the letdown didn't come out of nowhere, but a culmination of failings in the show.

If you're wondering about the tone of this review (endless fawning or bitter fanboy rant), it's someone who loves the 1st 4 seasons of Lost despite the problems, likes the 5th if mixed about the finale, and REALLY angry at season 6. However he goes through problems with all the seasons, that he professes as a fan that he rolled with until the series was over.

And if you're wondering why episode titles are so specific (like "Remember Walt?"), it all comes full circle when he tackles the ending and the final scene in the 8th video, and his guesses as to why they were constructed a certain way.

Watching this now. The guy is pretty spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelix View Post
    Watching this now. The guy is pretty spot on.
    lol. why even waste our time?
    name one other person you know that has a functioning chainsaw arm

Quote Originally Posted by MilesSmiles View Post
    lol. why even waste our time?

I only wasted .2 seconds of your time to tell you the guy was spot on.

+ Reply to Thread