+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So, when is this all coming back?

I just don't see Ji Yeon being important as the story was about the smoke monster and Jacob, with her parents dying relatively unceremoniously in a sub offshore having little to add to that. there's no buried bodies to visit the grave of for Ji Yeon, not that they'd have any dark secrets to share about the Big Smoke Monster Conflict of 08'. like basically what we know of LOST after the end doesn't present any reason for the LOST Kidz to return. the conflict is over. imo of course.

i guess they could make up whatever they want but as far as adding to the original tale, there's nothing that i can think of really makes sense.

unless they bring back TOQ or Titus and somehow the Monster returns...
    Last edited by MilesSmiles; 02-02-2018 at 11:35 PM.
    name one other person you know that has a functioning chainsaw arm

To me LOST was about the mystical island so theres always room for more story. I'm not saying Ji Yeon is important but Sue has a good reason to be curious about the island. Growing up without parents would give her the motivation to search for it. I just feel it was bad parenting for both Sun and Jin to abandon their daughter and I want to see how it affected Ji Yeon. Also I would like tonsee Walt become the new smoke monster. There's alot of characters they could bring back, either alive or as ghosts. Or all new characters, either way I want to see more of the island.

"One day it's fate, the next day it's free will."

Just checking in to say I'm glad this site is still up! And glad to see some of the posters I remember still posting.

I miss the days of re-watching lost, posting on here, sharing theories, 2 am in the morning before my classes when I should have been studying! Awesome times!

It'll make the rounds again. This time I hope they quit denying that it was purgatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelix View Post
    It'll make the rounds again. This time I hope they quit denying that it was purgatory.
    Your trolling's pretty mediocre, man. Or woman. But probably...you're a man.

Quote Originally Posted by I Only End Once View Post
    Your trolling's pretty mediocre, man. Or woman. But probably...you're a man.
    I'm not sure what you mean, pal. I'm not trolling. It's been my stance for a long time. Everyone guessed that it was purgatory and the writers when into deflection mode. Didn't change the facts.

I'm not sure what you mean, pal. I'm not trolling. It's been my stance for a long time. Everyone guessed that it was purgatory and the writers when into deflection mode. Didn't change the facts.
    the facts of what though? that was the original plan, when they didn't even expect the show to work. and people figured it out, because it's retarded to do that so plainly, so they fleshed it out and made more of a figurative purgatory by the end, where the characters had to cheesily learn life lessons that had been holding them back.

but just saying "the island was purgatory, duh," crossing your arms and grinning smugly without any further explanation is not the full story they told for 6 seasons. if you can't admit to this, even just to humor us, then it's either blatant trolling or you are insanely obtuse as a viewer (sorry).

perhaps one could say it's purgatory for someone like Michael. but again just using that to blanket over the whole show when the show damn surely tells a bigger story, doesn't fly.I'm willing to even concede you a little leeway here by seeing your side. surely you can do the same for us?

It wasn't purgatory. Only the flash-sideway stuff was. So when everybody guessed that it was purgatory from the very beginning, they were completely wrong. It wasn't. It's almost a decade later and people like you still don't get it! The facts are as follows: everything that happened in the show was real...except for all the flashes in S6—and even those were real, because the Losties made that place to meet up once again—before going to the next step of existence. Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof didn't cheat anybody. What we got was something that is incomparable and unlike anything else on TV. And surprisingly, some of us are STILL talking (typing) about it to this day—even including you. Now that's the sign of greatness.
    Last edited by I Only End Once; 04-16-2018 at 02:06 PM.

I love LOST as much as the next guy but don't act like the shows story didn't get jacked up multiple times for multiple reasons. Sure the flash sideways is purgatory but it was probably originally intended to be the island.

"One day it's fate, the next day it's free will."

Quote Originally Posted by with closed eyes View Post
    I love LOST as much as the next guy but don't act like the shows story didn't get jacked up multiple times for multiple reasons. Sure the flash sideways is purgatory but it was probably originally intended to be the island.
    i thought, yes, it was established that was one of their original ideas. the island being purgatory. the fans figured it out several episodes in and they had to alter it. isn't this a noted fact in the production of the show? i thought it was....

we know the story had to change for various reasons/casting over the years, and that multiple teases/hints by darlton in the early goings were also altered so they couldn't happen as they said. sometimes people paint them as LIES, when it may have been things they couldn't help/were out of their control.

if anything IMO it's a sign that creators shouldn't talk to fans directly about anything while it's in production. not stuff that can be misconstrued or thrown back in their face. lots of 'fandom' interference in a lot of IPs these days from creators talking to their fragile fans.
    Last edited by MilesSmiles; 05-23-2018 at 12:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread