+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The most fcked up scene in the series

Default The most fcked up scene in the series

Anyone still here lol?

This scene just popped up in my head out of nowhere. I think this is the most fcked up scene in the series. It was brilliantly done.:

Jacks father had a lot of flaws, but so did Jack. I loved how Jack tried to put lot of his life's problems on his father. "Let it go". That's a lesson we can all learn from. I'm sure many of us been through something similar with our family, though not as extreme.

Yeah that was pretty messed up....and extremely awkward just the fact this is happening right in front of everyone in the AA meeting makes me cringe in horror. Jack's like a psychopath here in how he violently gets triggered and attacks him because he hears "let it go". Really pushes home how messed up his relationship with his father is, he's king of the daddy issues to be sure. I'd actually completely forgotten about this scene!

For me personally though, the most messed up scene in the series is this one:

I just thought it was the most heartbreaking scene for me, and a brutal, genuinely shocking and violent way to end the rivalry between Ben and John. I remember feeling angry at the time as it seemed such a backwards step for Ben, who by the end of Season 4 had become such an anti-hero and appeared genuine in how he passed John Locke the torch as Leader and wished him all the best before painfully seeing him exile himself from the island by turning the wheel. It just seemed like such a great arc for him and to end his feud with John on a high note. However I guess we should have known that seeing John off the island, back in a wheelchair, would bring all those feelings of jealousy flooding back. Ben was only eager to leave the island in the first place ebcause of his anger about Widmore, he wanted to confront him. But ultimagtely Ben had lost his daughter because he chose hos power over her. Now here he was having lost both her AND his power. Seeing the opportunity to re-take that power was obviously too tempting for him, as was finally removing the man he was so bitterly jealous of, who was everything Ben wanted to be. But yeah, for me this was just so messed up. The final words he says to John, "I'll miss you John...i really will" are so unnerving because you can tell from the delivery that he means them. He really will miss John's company and in different circumstances the two would probably be best friends. But that bitter, murderous jealousy meant that was never going to be the case. And its horrific seeing him bring all the thing he absoloutely despises John for, the fact he's considered important, that he's 'special' and has work to do to talk him out of hanging himself, only then to murder him himself moments later specifically because he's all those things. I'm just glad that the two were able to finally reconcile in the sideways world and that John ultimately forgave Ben, who finally ratified for us all that John really was special after all...after a full season of the Man in Black calling him a pathetic loser and a sucker and spitting on his memory: "You were special John. And I wasnt"
    Last edited by ben_linus; 03-10-2019 at 02:12 PM.

ive always felt that john locke death was just poorly executed. dont get me wrong - talking him out of killing himself just to murder him moments later was coooold blooded and fit johns caracter perfectly. the problem was we as the audience never get a chance to take that all in and grieve his loss cause hes still around as the mib after the fact and we dont know hes really gone until much later.

+ Reply to Thread