+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game of Thrones Finale made Lost's Finale look like a Masterpiece

Default Game of Thrones Finale made Lost's Finale look like a Masterpiece

When talking about ending his book series, George R R Martin said he didn't want to "pull a Lost".

Well, D & D definitely did much worse with ending their version of Martin's series.

I disagree I had no problems with either finale though I did have many problems with the last 3 seasons of both shows, more so with Lost then GoT.

My awesome sig was made by Kittylili

Photobucket sucks
    [I am Kitty's sugar daddy My Mantra is Ji Ya]

Quote Originally Posted by REDSHIRT FOREVER View Post
    I disagree I had no problems with either finale though I did have many problems with the last 3 seasons of both shows, more so with Lost then GoT.
    whys that? GOT turned character arcs into circles and rushed through the final seasons development like turning walter white into heisenberg who knocks in the span of 2 episodes

Here's an interesting article comparing the LOST finale with the Game of Thrones finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post
    whys that? GOT turned character arcs into circles and rushed through the final seasons development like turning walter white into heisenberg who knocks in the span of 2 episodes
    Again I disagree, I didn't see circles but a natural conclusion to the story built over the 8 seasons. Did they take some shortcuts, yes definitely. Did it make for a bad finale, no. At least not in my opinion.

I've got to say I think you picked a bad example. While BB is likely my favorite show they skipped a lot of story with the crystal blue persuasion montage, the Nazi's got no development and where just suddenly a big plot point and there was other TV shorthand.

Photobucket sucks

thats fine... to me losts finale only sucks cause of the fan service flashes all season leading to the church epilogue. the rest of the story stands up well in the good v evil way albeit a little lack luster with the jack super-man punch. but it mirrors a lot of stephen king stories in that regard being epic characters and storylines with an abrupt end. GOT had worse fan service with the song of ice and fire book, and its goofy joke on tyrion that he wasnt mentioned. as if wars werent fought because he was incarcerated, or he didnt allegedly murder joffrey with poison or shoot his father the most powerful man in westeros on the crapper etc etc etc

dany went genocidal for no cohesive reasoning at all. if she had burned the city down because they refused to submit it works. if she accidentally nuked the city by igniting wild fire it works. having them ring the bells and she just going mad was ridiculous. jon and dany being in love afer 2 days was ridiculous. her discovering hes the actual heir when theyre both an item whom will probably be wed avoiding any conflict of right to the throne was ridiculous. and all of this culminates with him giving her the kiss of peace and then shivving her. at this point it wasnt shocking nor did it seem like that hard of a decision which ever way he went. personally i didnt care cause i was so disinterested by these characters sucking so hard due to terrible writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago View Post
    dany went genocidal for no cohesive reasoning at all. if she had burned the city down because they refused to submit it works. if she accidentally nuked the city by igniting wild fire it works. having them ring the bells and she just going mad was ridiculous. jon and dany being in love afer 2 days was ridiculous. her discovering hes the actual heir when theyre both an item whom will probably be wed avoiding any conflict of right to the throne was ridiculous.
    The way I read Dany's attack was pretty simple. You ever see 2 guys posturing for a fight, one decides it isn't worth it, turns and starts to walk away and the other punches him in the back of the head. I've seen it and to me that is exactly what Dany did. The moment to stand down came and she was in a bloodlust and just couldn't walk away.

I agree they never sold the Dany and Jon romance, personally I think that's because a sizable portion of fandom had been shipping them for years so they figured they didn't need to. Whatever the reason they didn't devote time to the development of their relationship so there was no way they could stick the landing on the dissolution of the relationship.

Photobucket sucks

They both sucked equally as bad.

+ Reply to Thread