+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HAPPY ANNIVERSAY: Can you explain these LOST events?

Default HAPPY ANNIVERSAY: Can you explain these LOST events?

Hello I just got my first lost tatoo yesterday.

I actually believe there are only a few unanswered questions. I can explain almost everything. Some are a matter of interpretation.

I have a list of questions i cant work out, some of them:

-How did some people time travel when the island skipped, but the Others remained?

- Who was it that told Ben to kill Locke?

do you have any things you cant find logic in?

I am not often on this forum anymore, so sorry for this delayed response.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Hello I just got my first lost tatoo yesterday.

I actually believe there are only a few unanswered questions. I can explain almost everything. Some are a matter of interpretation.

I have a list of questions i cant work out, some of them:

-How did some people time travel when the island skipped, but the Others remained?
    It was actually more than the Others, which makes this whole thing a bit complicated. I deduce this to this:

"The Island chooses who the Island chooses".

The 815 mid-section survivors travelled back in time except for Claire. Of the tailsection Bernard is the only one who travelled back in time, while Cindy, Zach, Emma and the remaining tail-section background survivors stayed in the present along with the Others. The others didn't time travel with the exception of Juliet and Locke (since he was their leader at that point). All the newcomers (freighter people) time-travelled as well. The Island made an active decision to choose those people to remain and others to stay.

The Island did a similar procedure three years later. It chose Hugo, Kate, Sayid and Jack to be the ones that would travel to 1977. The rest it left alone. The Island is conscious in that way just like Eloise kept telling Desmond that "The Island isn't done with him".

- Who was it that told Ben to kill Locke?

do you have any things you cant find logic in?
    Ben has tried to kill Locke before. He explains it in the series finale.

BEN: I'm very sorry for what I did to you John. I was selfish, jealous. I wanted everything you had.

LOCKE: What did I have?

BEN: You were special, John... and I wasn't.

And you see hints of it in dialogue too. Like in "The Man from Tallahassee":

BEN: You've been here 80 days, John. I've been here my entire life! So how is it that you think you know this island better than I do?

LOCKE: Because you're in the wheelchair, and I'm not.

Or when he's trying to embarass Locke by challenging of killing his father. And then he gets a small victory. He is so surprised when Locke gets to the camp with his father's body on his back. Ben doesn't know that Sawyer killed him, so once again Locke ends up with the beter hand.
    And then he gets so jealous of Locke in the cabin. This guy has been trying to get to meet Jacob all his life. Locke marches straight up. Ben shoots him and leaves him for dead.

And now we get to the murder.

There are two things that Ben get out of his meeting with John. When he gives him the wedding ring, he might've already concocted a plan in his head. He could use this as proof to Sun. Sun does have a lot of resources and could be vital in some form of journey.

The other thing is the name Eloise Hawking. Locke says that she lives in LA. For all we know, Ben is travelling the world trying to find a way back to the Island. He was recently in Moscow with Sayid. Then he was spotted in New York. Maybe he's not sure if Eloise is alive and has searched a lot of England trying to find her (or Massachusetts since she lived there as well).

And then Locke says her name AND that she is in Los Angeles. Well, that's all the information he needs.

But the thing is, Ben knows who Eloise Hawking is. Sure he didn't spend so much time with her as a kid, since she left the Island shortly after he became one of the Others, but she knows that she is a past leader. Heck he might've even met her in the real world during his travels. What surprises him is that Locke

I'm glad someone can finally answer the outstanding LOST questions. I have a question that I never heard an adequate answer for. How could the island be invisible? Please don't answer electromagnetism, because there is nothing mysterious about
    electromagnetism that could cause the island to be invisible. Thanks

Also, do you know who was shooting at Locke's group in the kayak during one of the flashes?

+ Reply to Thread