+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did MIB save Jack in Season One?

Default Did MIB save Jack in Season One?

In either season 6 or after LOST aired, I seem to remember J. J. Abrams or Damon Lindelof make a remark during an interview about season one. It had to do with Jack chasing his father and almost falling over a cliff (White Rabbit 01x05). Somehow Locke mysteriously showed up at the exact location and time to rescue Jack. I seem to remember during an interview that Locke was actually the MIB saving Jack. Does anyone remember this or have a link. Perhaps I’m misrembering it, and it was just a fans theory. If anyone remembers this I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

P.S. I did a search of this site, but to no avail.

I never heard that. I was to understand that Christian was MIB trying to kill Jack. Locke just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

"One day it's fate, the next day it's free will."

Yea, I think you're right. I must have miss remembered. Locke did strike me as having far too much experience and knowing far more than his back story would explain.
    Also, I wondered if MIB as Locke could bring back the dead. I never did think Sayid's resurrection was the work of M.I.B. and still don't. But in the season 6 finale, MIB is told
    by Whitmore why he brought Desmond with him. Desmond was unique in his ability to withstand EMF, and was a measure of last resort. MIB then went to visit what he thought
    was the corpse of Desmond. He thought Sayid killed Desmond. Why would he do this unless he did have the ability to bring him back from the dead.
    Last edited by TheLOSTmap; 07-14-2020 at 03:15 PM. Reason: added resurrection question.

+ Reply to Thread