+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Michael Giacchino

This new teaser for Tomorrowland looks interesting.

Michael Giacchino is scoring the movie, but do you think it's his track? The one in the teaser?

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to this movie.
    Brad Bird (The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol) is the director.

The story is written by him, Jeff Jensen and our very own Damon Lindelof.

And the cinematography is done by Oscar-winner Claudio Miranda (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Life of Pi, Tron:Legacy)

A preview of Giacchino's score to Jupiter Ascending.

A movie I'm doubting on (not sure on the chemistry between Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis will work), but I really want it to be good. I'm crossing my fingers.

Listen to the part between 2:20 and 6:00

It's amazing!

http://w186.wrzuta.pl/audio/9giQIadC...hino_interview

Can't wait to listen to this tonight. Giacchino was SOOOOOO important to LOST.
    "It wasn't all misery."

"Enough of it was."

Giacchino's score for Jupiter Ascending is up on Spotify. Currently listening to it.

I saw the movie earlier today (press screening) and it was a massive disappointment. MASSIVE disappointment. But the music was cool. Far from the best of Giacchino (actually a little boring in parts), but cool nonetheless. I could hear his famous gong-swipe from Lost in one particular scene from the movie that really fit that well. And the haunting score in the film kinda reminded me of the Nero-theme from Star Trek.

I haven't seen Tomorrowland (due to the poor/mixed reviews), but I saw Jurassic World and loved Giacchino's touches on it. It's not as original as his work for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes last summer, but he combined a lot of John Williams' themes with some new compositions. I liked it.

The hints of Lost's atmospheric sounds and music are heard. Take from 2:38 here:
    Last edited by Choekaas; 06-15-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Giacchino used to do music for the Jurassic Park Playstation games long ago. I heard he used some themes from those as well! It's pretty funny how he went ''full circle'' like that.

Listen from 2:08. It reminds me of something ...

You know, a friend of mine sent me that exact bit from the soundtrack to ask me if it was from LOST! It's not far from being ''There's No Place Like Home''!

Soooo, here's the 20 year evolution of Giacchino.

1:38
    Last edited by Jim108; 06-26-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Giacchino is scoring Dr. Strange.
    I haven't found any of the Marvel scores to be any interesting, so finally, Giacchino might give us an iconic score.

https://twitter.com/m_giacchino/stat...91946297704448

+ Reply to Thread