+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Was lockes dad the smoke monster

Quote Originally Posted by MilesSmiles View Post
    'Maybe Smokey = ?????' are as bad as 'Walt/Vincent/etc etc = Jacob' theories
    I've written out at least 75 posts about my theory, so don't just lump all "Smokey = ???" theories together. Mine is actually very possible within the show, not counting interviews in EW.

Quote Originally Posted by MR F View Post
    I've written out at least 75 posts about my theory, so don't just lump all "Smokey = ???" theories together. Mine is actually very possible within the show, not counting interviews in EW.
    I'm just saying that whenever someone comes up with something strange involving a character that's clearly not ever supposed to be seen as being the smoke monster, and say 'hey maybe it was the smoke monster'. It's just.... no. Again, it's just as bad as the 'maybe so and so is Jacob'. To me. In my opinion. After people have seen the whole show, I kinda don't blame them for going back again and watching with a keen eye, but if we never thought it was the smoke monster before, we shouldn't think they are now. It would just make things waaaaay more convoluted to go back and say everyone (exaggeration) was the smoke monster. Yea, Ben captured the smoke monster and put it in a room so Locke could meet him. Yea. (rolleyes)

The smoke monster started off so awesome and mysterious, and coulda been the raddest thing about LOST easily, and it ended up... ok I'm gonna say it though it hurts... kinda lame. It was an angry bitter shape changing man-cloud. It shoulda been an un-living entity. I really hoped when they fought it, it would be in smoke form too.
    Last edited by MilesSmiles; 08-21-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    name one other person you know that has a functioning chainsaw arm

What would they have used to fight it in it's smoke form, giant air filters?

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    Yeah, they'd use smokestack scrubbing technology...charcoal filters and water-reducing agents.

"Smo-key's GONE with the rain......
    "Smo-key's GONE with the rain......"

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    I dunno, but fighting barry in smoke form woulda been far more epic imo

If there were weapons they could use against him, I'd agree. Pretty much all we saw were some defensive strategies and Smoke whoopin'.

i always chuckle when people talk about 'fighting' the smoke monster.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesBecomeVultures View Post
    i always chuckle when people talk about 'fighting' the smoke monster.
    Yea, it sounds goofy. I really had envisioned part of the end of the show would be them 'fighting' the actual smoke monster. Long before we even had an inkling that it was a man. And I mean, c'mon they still did fight it. Most of it was mental games and strategy stuff, but I mean when it comes down to it, Jack DID fight him physically, he was just in a magically produced physically-human Locke-clone-body.

If they were to fight him in smoke form, out of necessity of course there would have been something in the show allowing this to occur and make sense. A magical incantation or artifact, or something. Maybe they would truly be immune to his attacks, depending of if you believe he could or couldn't physically hurt the candidates. They coulda done a hundred different things with this. It might have been Indiana-Jonesy, but hell, I love that kind of pulp action.

Dharma developed the sonic barrier.

Maybe they were planning to use electrostatic precipitator to trap Smokey, put it in plastic bags, submerge it in water and freezing it with liquid nitrogen.
    PLOTS

One of the symptoms is that you feel "Flashes Before Your Eyes" for "Three Minutes". Other symptom is that you feel "Adrift", "Abandoned" and "Left Behind" like a "Stranger in a Strange Land".

I’ll tell you "The Whole Truth". A pacient with similar symptoms, "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead". A "Man from Tallahassee" was "Confirmed Dead" too. This is "What They Died For". I don’t want you to be "One of Them", because in "The End" "Dead Is Dead".

Any question“?”

"Dr. Linus", MD

lostpr, you gave me an idea.

MilesSmiles, is this what you had in mind?

+ Reply to Thread