+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Chapter 5

I have a new theory. LOL!

I think the plane down there is not planted.

The best evidence that it is planted is the fact that someone had the coordinates to feed Sam before it was found. But Sam would have to be as smart as us and realize that. So taking Sam along if it WAS a plant is shooting yourself in the foot. He'd KNOW it and he'd PROVE it, by spilling that he was leaked the coordinates. Just like we do, he'd see that obviously they knew it was right there so they must've put it there.

I think they didn't put it there, but they know it's there. I think Talbot really was looking for the Black Rock, but he led Sam into coming and discovering 815, for some reason. The only reason I can think of to have Sam there is because now Maxwell/Widmore can't shut him up and keep that wreckage secret. Talbot couldn't 'discover' it on his Black Rock trip himself or his employers would just shut him up.

If they really did plant it, they would've done so in the flights' path, if they wanted to avert suspicion.

So I think we're back into sci fi territory. Either that or the writers did a lousy job, because why would Sam think he found that plane, when obviously someone knew where it was before him? But since no one addressed the whole 'wrong ocean' thing in the newscast, it could just be sloppy writing, too.

But it was fun!

Anyone working on the Maxwell site password? It's working now, with added text. Though of course the link doesn't work for me. I can't think of anything for the password.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail_Rules View Post
    Anyone working on the Maxwell site password? It's working now, with added text. Though of course the link doesn't work for me. I can't think of anything for the password.
    I may be wrong about this.. but your relentless tries although chivalrous, may not open anything(unless the ARG is secretly going on longer than today). I hope we find a password and a username but I believe this site was made mainly as a prop by The Maxwell Group (Widmore Corp.) as part of the rouse/game to drag Sam out to the Sunda Trench so someone could "innocently" find 815, without it seeming like a coverup since this hurt mans fiance was in the crash Sam was the perfect person to find the crash to avoid questions about conspiracy, easier to believe by the public and it gave Sam what he needed to stop looking (which also was in the interests of Oceanic and thus widmore/hanso). You see, I've been pretty sure all along that this "815" is either a) one of a kind in another timeline/dimension etc, or b) more probable from what we know of Hanso, and Widmores companies, that its a duplicate dummy crash site to keep the real questions at rear and give peace to people like Sam who may be reaching out and in need of at least a simple answer. So as Id love to get somewhere with those passwords etc, I have a feeling that Maxwell is just a dummy company(and thus a dummy website with minimal features and no place to go, just enough to peak Sams and our interest) made for the purpose of feeding Sam clues indirectly, and when I saw Talbots smirk once 815 was 'found', I jumped on that boat.. that smirk was the "you followed every bread crumb little boy" kinda smirk.. his mission was complete and nobody would have to search for 815 again, and questions could be laid to rest for all parties involved. Im sure the ruse will continue with Maxwell group and its site but im still not convinced there will be a username.

Now about The Maxwell site though, its not fully content-less (was just updated as I was writing this), there is now a feed to Talbot speaking about the discovery on a ucla site.. although its been loading forever..wait.. it loaded, I'll check it out now, its most likely the same stuff as from the news feed at the end of ch 5.

Woah!!! it seems newer, kinda cool interview. Its alot of the same, but a little longer and much clearer without all the background noise in the tle vid.

Still overall.. this ARG fails me. Although its nice to have closure on Naomi and Coopers stories of a crash site being found.. it seems that and the possible coverup were the only points of the story really. I did like how they were searching for the Black Rock in the same place as 815 since technically you 'would' find them together if you were looking in the right place... and I liked how Amelia Earhart was thrown into the wings of the story again (ex. Amelia from Book Club, and 'Herarat' Aviation = 'Earhart' Aviation) and I think that was sort of an extra bonus easter egg although most of us have speculated for a LONG time... Everything they were searching for in that trench was not in that trench per se, but you would find them all together and I kinda liked that, we all knew the irony as soon as the search for the Black Rock was mentioned I suppose. Besides Amelia and the coverup, TLE2 was a pain in my side and Im glad I had to work through most of it

Thx to a link from Lael from almost a year ago lol, I found some comparison pics of our Amelia, and Earhart respectively. Honestly if they wanted to cast her as a lady who has only aged a portion of her years, they couldnt have cast a better actress.. the nose and eyes, neck and the scarf.. come on, who wears a scarf anymore? Amelia Earhart! Thats who! lol. Either way, bringing her up for any reason since the 'Herarat' aviation thing is bound to raise suspicion. Isnt it sad that after this whole find 815 arg the only thing I have to talk about is old news? hahaha
    We'll make great pets...

Oh mac ad, how I love agreeing with you... Now I'm convinced too, that the MG site was only a prop... and everything in the game was just a prop to come to the last movie of Sam finding 815...

So there's stuff now on the Maxwell site? I thought the site wasn't going to be able to be accessed until 1/2/08 at 7:08 pm (I saw that in the comments on DarkUFO, I have no idea where they got that info though).

Looks like the "special message" during Eli Stone was just a way to get people into the game, if they hadn't already played, as they seem to have relaunched it. Kinda disappointing. I was hoping for something new.
    "Either you die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

It only ends once.

That info came from the site itself, if you tried to login earlier But it said 8:15 UTC, not 7:08

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Chambers View Post
    That info came from the site itself, if you tried to login earlier But it said 8:15 UTC, not 7:08
    HAhaha, I love when you come around to agree with me I think Im wrong perhaps about something though, because before if you logged in youd get the message about it being locked until 8:15 02/01/08 or something similar, now you just plainly get an "incorrect password" error... so there may be more behind that site than I figured.. still, I dont want there to be lol, its so much better as a false company created to keep the focus off of the larger companies like Hanso, Widmore, Oceanic etc.
    We'll make great pets...

Quote Originally Posted by mac_ad View Post
    HAhaha, I love when you come around to agree with me I think Im wrong perhaps about something though, because before if you logged in youd get the message about it being locked until 8:15 02/01/08 or something similar, now you just plainly get an "incorrect password" error... so there may be more behind that site than I figured.. still, I dont want there to be lol, its so much better as a false company created to keep the focus off of the larger companies like Hanso, Widmore, Oceanic etc.

So then no one has figured out what to do with this site (if there is more to be done) yet then? That's a shame. . .coulda been a nice bday present for me from TPTB having the site open up today.
    "Either you die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

It only ends once.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_ad View Post
    I think Im wrong perhaps about something though, because before if you logged in youd get the message about it being locked until 8:15 02/01/08 or something similar, now you just plainly get an "incorrect password" error... so there may be more behind that site than I figured.. still, I dont want there to be lol, its so much better as a false company created to keep the focus off of the larger companies like Hanso, Widmore, Oceanic etc.
    Yeah, when I said the Maxwell site was "working now," I meant that the error message had changed. I guess I should've clarified. I think this site has to lead somewhere. I think it's been built up too long for it not to. I would be really sad if was only there to look pretty. I tried everyone in Talbot's cell phone with their respective numbers, and anything else I could think of. I think I need one of those little password decoder computer programs they always use in the movies. You know, the kind where the computer genius hacks in in a matter of seconds. Where are those when you need them?

But, yeah, Mac_ad, I agree with you on everything else you said. This ARG was kind of a let down. I guess it was sort of neat to learn more about the Black Rock, and the Amelia thing was odd, I thought she was going to be important later in the story, but apparently not. But overall, it was just a dumb cover-up (or an alternate timeline, I guess,) and most of the people had already guessed it was going to end the way it did.

Oh, well. At least it entertained us for the last month. And now Lost is back! And what a premiere, man.

Quote Originally Posted by MCinAZ View Post
    So I think we're back into sci fi territory. Either that or the writers did a lousy job, because why would Sam think he found that plane, when obviously someone knew where it was before him? But since no one addressed the whole 'wrong ocean' thing in the newscast, it could just be sloppy writing, too.
    Sam was a bit blinded by trying to find out what happened to Sonya. I don't think everything clicked into place for him while he was going through it. However, at the end when he was watching Talbot on TV, I think he started realizing he may have been set up.

Official Chater (Charlotte Hater) -- Jacob might manipulate, but MiB murders.

The island was real. What happened, happened. The "sideways" world in S6 was a type of purgatory.

+ Reply to Thread