+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Maxwell Group Site update

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicStewardess View Post
    Is this website bugging everyone else as much as it is bugging me? I really want to know whats behind the login!

I know this is Lost, and answers don't come very easy...

...but for some reason it has me really wondering what we may find in that web page!

Someone please figure it out!

yes, yes, yes!!!! It's bugging the crap out of me!!

It's bothering me more that we have no idea if there is anything at this site or if the game is truly over.
    I feel we'd have a much better idea of how this game fits into everything, whether it matters or not, and what we should be looking for if there was no writer's strike. I miss the Damon/Carlton podcasts. To me that is one of the worst side casualities of the strike is losing those podcasts.

Yea I just started listening at the very end of the season...I was not aware until just now that we wouldn't get them..I thought it was just questions and answers..I wasn't aware they scripted it so much...
    guess maybe im a bit clueless

"The Count on Sesame Street is scarier and more captivating than those preening whack vamps from Twilight."
    -Watch your sizes & please sig responsibly-

It's not so much that podcast's are scripted, it's that Damon and Carlton would be crossing their picket line by participating in them. That's why we aren't getting any. I'm sure after the strike ends they will give us some sort of message, though even then its likely we won't get podcasts because they will be so busy trying to catch up on stuff.

Ahh makes sense.
    Well I hope we get them eventually.

"The Count on Sesame Street is scarier and more captivating than those preening whack vamps from Twilight."
    -Watch your sizes & please sig responsibly-

I hope Darlton are/have been working on scripts anyway. Maybe they have another 8 episodes already written. They just can't turn them in for filming/production because of the strike. Just cuz they aren't "on contract" doesn't mean they're not working...

I doubt they can just turn off their creativity and emotional investment into a project just because they're not supposed to be working. I bet they've been writing like crazy...

It would still take loads of production time, but it could still happen if they settle soon.
    Who are you people?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristimath View Post
    I hope Darlton are/have been working on scripts anyway. Maybe they have another 8 episodes already written. They just can't turn them in for filming/production because of the strike. Just cuz they aren't "on contract" doesn't mean they're not working...

I doubt they can just turn off their creativity and emotional investment into a project just because they're not supposed to be working. I bet they've been writing like crazy...
    Um... That's EXACTLY what it means. No writing means no writing. Otherwise that whole strike idea goes out the window. There's no way in hell two high profile writers like Carlton and Damon would get away with that.

We may be in luck though as they only filmed the scripts that were FINISHED. So there may be more scripts that are almost done, or at least in various stages of completion.

We also know that they, along with the other writers, hammer out the details of the season before they sit down to write it. So they would have to largely know what happens in the last 8 before they start writing the first 8. And nobody stops them from thinking about it, of course, but there is NO way they are actually writing scripts while the strike is on.

In either case, it may mean they could go back into production sooner than if they had nothing. But it may still be unrealistic to expect 8 more episodes.

Worst case scenario: Another 8 episodes next fall, that officially belong to season 4 before season 5 starts the spring after.

Now about that login?
    Last edited by sebimeyer; 02-05-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sebimeyer View Post
    Worst case scenario: Another 8 episodes next fall, that officially belong to season 4 before season 5 starts the spring after.
    That'd be a pretty awful scenario. But yeah, it's definitely possible. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

I reckon the login details are probably hidden somewhere in the game itself...maybe there's a connection to that Walt Whitman poem that was found through the holiday website and the OpenStego thing?

That said, I've long since given up trying to figure this out.
    Please don't post any spoilers about new episodes in the UK Forum until after SUNDAY (of the next week) when the episode has aired here. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by sebimeyer View Post
    Um... That's EXACTLY what it means. No writing means no writing. Otherwise that whole strike idea goes out the window. There's no way in hell two high profile writers like Carlton and Damon would get away with that.
    Oh, come on... they're jotting down ideas and mini-scripts at home. Writers love to write. It's in their blood. They just need to bounce it off each other and piece it together when they get back. They already hashed up the general direction of the season when they first started writing for this year.

As far as the Maxwell site... maybe they're gearing up for a post first eight episodes ARG? Of course, I'd love to see more before as soon as possible.

Official Chater (Charlotte Hater) -- Jacob might manipulate, but MiB murders.

The island was real. What happened, happened. The "sideways" world in S6 was a type of purgatory.

While I understand that no writing means no writing, I can't imagine somebody in the middle of such a rich creative process can so easily just shut off their brain. Ideas will pop into their heads, not only when they are at work, but when they are home. I don't think they could live with themselves if they didn't jot some of those ideas down that come to them. Even if they don't write anything down, a lot of ideas are forming and the day they go back to work I imagine things will get hammered out pretty fast.
    At least that's my optimistic point of view. I don't think writing quickly will be the problem, I think having enough time for production is the problem.
    "It's very stressful being an Other."

+ Reply to Thread